• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:15 AM

IBM: Programming high-performance applications on the Cell BE processor, Part 2:
Posted by XanTium | 11-2-2007 21:15 EST

From www-128.ibm.com:

Take even greater advantage of the synergistic processing elements (SPEs) of the Sony PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) in this installment of Programming high-performance applications on the Cell BE processor. Part 1 showed how to install Linux on the PS3 and explored a short example program. Part 2 looks in depth at the Cell Broadband Engine processor's SPEs and how they work at the lowest level.

Full Story: www-128.ibm.com

#2 Ravo5002

Ravo5002

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:09 AM

all this news about the ps3, but it only says how powerfull it is etc, and how you can program cool apps on linux using the spe's... Souns 2 me like this is not a gaming console, but just a high performance pc with hdmi, which wont run windows... Also it wont play games, since there are none smile.gif (that are worth buying)

#3 elitegamer360

elitegamer360

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(Ravo5002 @ Feb 12 2007, 07:16 AM) View Post

all this news about the ps3, but it only says how powerfull it is etc, and how you can program cool apps on linux using the spe's... Souns 2 me like this is not a gaming console, but just a high performance pc with hdmi, which wont run windows... Also it wont play games, since there are none smile.gif (that are worth buying)

Well Said.

All we want is a proper gaming Console I'm not with or against any company My first Console was the Super Nintendo and the I moved to the SEGA Mega Drive II and I still have it until this very day. My brother owned the PS1 and PS2 and I had great time enjoying games, but after MS developed the XBOX its was for me like moving from Virtual reality to Reality and since then I'm sticking with MS and the XBOX Brand because at least they deliver what they promise and I like it.

looks like SONY did let down it fans by getting distracted from the actual gaming sence and made a PC instead of a console as well as entering into the movie format war.. they thought it going to be like the PS2 and the DVD war but this time its different, its tough and its WWWFormatsIII.

good luck Sony.

Edited by elitegamer360, 12 February 2007 - 02:48 PM.

#4 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:41 AM

I actually have yellow do linux installed on my PS3, and i have to say it does not run very well at all. Everything is very slow and runs like it is on a pentium2 with onboard graphics. sad.gif

I sure hope sony wasn't trying to build a high end computer because thay didn't pull that off either. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users