Photo

How Do I Play Xbox 360 Through My Pc Monitor ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wayne140

wayne140

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Keeping piranha's<br />Playing on my xbox <br />Not forgeting woman

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

I need to find a way to play my xbox 360 through my desktop pc due to the wife wants to watch tv and the front room is not big enough to put another tv in so i can play my xbox. I went to my local pc world (1st mistake) and they sold me a HD VGA cable which runs from my xbox to my monitor and 2 phono leads that i have to run to my stereo. This may work but its not ideal as i will have to diconect the lead that runs from my pc to my monitor every time i want to play on the xbox. There has to be an easier way. So i thought i would ask you guys.

Please help me out the wife is doing my nut in but i cant live without the xbox

Thanks

wayne

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

Only thing I can think in your case is to get a monitor switchbox. I use one at work to have 1 monitor for 2 PCs. You would only simply have to reach down and hit one button and it would switch the signal from one to the other.

#3 wayne140

wayne140

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

Is there not like a tv card i can put into my pc that will do it that way the audio and the video are both going to the same place and i dont have to mess about with going to seperate places ??

Thanks for the quick response

Wayne

#4 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

off topic, you may want to fix your sig. no animated ones are allowed.

#5 Bigshoguns

Bigshoguns

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(wayne140 @ Feb 13 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

Is there not like a tv card i can put into my pc that will do it that way the audio and the video are both going to the same place and i dont have to mess about with going to seperate places ??

Thanks for the quick response

Wayne

You have a few options

1. KVM Switch VGA+ USB not ps2 ($50 to $100)
2. HD Tv Tuner card with Component Inputs ($$$$$$$$)
3. Monitor Splitter/Switch box.

I am in a similar situation as you and I went with the KVM switch. But if you monitor has DVI and VGA, and you PC has DVI you can most likely utilize that for pc and VGA for 360.

#6 wayne140

wayne140

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Thanks Bigshoguns cool.gif im gonna go with Monitor Splitter/Switch box i think.

#7 ex-box

ex-box

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

I would just go with the KVM switchbox myself, those are pretty inexpensive if You shop about.

You can also get a nice widescreen LCD pretty cheap if You look around and just get one dedicated for the XBOX. You can get a nice 19" widescreen with 4 or 5 ms responce time for $200 and a 22" for under $300. The picture with the VGA HD plug is just beautiful.

#8 Bigshoguns

Bigshoguns

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(wayne140 @ Feb 14 2007, 02:00 PM) View Post

Thanks Bigshoguns cool.gif im gonna go with Monitor Splitter/Switch box i think.

Got my IOGear KVM this friday. It's awesome!! the best $50 bucks i ever spent!!!!!

It's a USB KVM with VGA. Model GCS632U. (zipzoomfly if you care to know were i got it from)

I think this was the cheapest online i could find Also if you have paypal you can get another $15 in rebates so my total cost was $35 WooT wOOt!!

Go witht his KVM it is ROCKS!!!

#9 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:28 AM

I have one of these: http://www.nwca.com/...flag=Standalone

its $13. simple vga switch.

(actually i have two that i merged together because i have 2 monitors and 2 sources and wanted to swap between them or wanted both to display the same image)

#10 Gohan5052

Gohan5052

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:52 AM

I got the vga adapter and hooked up to a 19 inch wide lcd. and a 3 peice speaker system and it works great. il post pics when i get a chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users