7 replies to this topic

#1 poopiemagee

poopiemagee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:44 AM

let me be a little more specific so whomever wants to help us has a better idea of what's going on.

I'm running Unleash X on a softmodded xbox with the 5960 dash, and it has the .67 patch.
I have data on a DVD but when I put it in the drive, in both File Explorer and dvd2xbox the xbox simply freezes. When I hit the eject button the system automatically restarts the dashboard. While the disk is in I can do nothing.

This problem sound familiar? It can't be the brand of DVD because I have other info on them that works fine. Its just that I had this info on another xbox, ftp'd it to my PC, burnt it to DVD to put on my new one and now this.

Hopefully this is a common problem...

#2 poopiemagee

poopiemagee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:52 AM

Oh and the disk is coming up as UDF in dvd2xbox. What does that mean.

#3 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:28 AM

ftp'd it to my PC, burnt it to DVD
convert the data to a xiso then burn it (Quix, craxtion4)

http://en.wikipedia....sal_Disk_Format

#4 poopiemagee

poopiemagee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

I was just looking at that page myself, xman.
Here's the thing though, I didn't do anything differently as far as burning these disks. I can't understand for the life of me what's going on.

Let me be more specific, because the last thing I want to do is reburn.
I copied the game to the xbox
I ftp'd the folder to my pc.
I put two games (folders) on one disk. So really- that's the only thing I did differently- a normal game would be at the root of the disk, this disk has two game folders on it. I figured worst case scenario I'd have to use file explorer.

If there's no workaround for this so be it but I'm still hoping that there's some setting somewhere that's screwing me up.

Bottom line- these are NOT isos so I don't understand why dvd2xbox is reading them that way.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(poopiemagee @ Feb 14 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

I was just looking at that page myself, xman.
Here's the thing though, I didn't do anything differently as far as burning these disks. I can't understand for the life of me what's going on.

Let me be more specific, because the last thing I want to do is reburn.
I copied the game to the xbox
I ftp'd the folder to my pc.
I put two games (folders) on one disk. So really- that's the only thing I did differently- a normal game would be at the root of the disk, this disk has two game folders on it. I figured worst case scenario I'd have to use file explorer.

If there's no workaround for this so be it but I'm still hoping that there's some setting somewhere that's screwing me up.

Bottom line- these are NOT isos so I don't understand why dvd2xbox is reading them that way.

Save yourself some time and frustration. Use your originals to reload on the new Xbox.

#6 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:07 PM

Use craxion to create a multi-game disk.

#7 poopiemagee

poopiemagee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just can't understand it!!!! i have a disk here with two games on it in the exact same format that works fine. what is it about this disk thats causing the problem? they were burnt in the exact same way. its driving me nuts.

in any case, i'm going to just put the disk in my pc and ftp it over. pain in the ass!

thanks anyway guys.

#8 poopiemagee

poopiemagee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:16 AM

Hey all just wanted to let you know I took my dvd to my friends modded xbox and it works!

The only difference with mine is that I have the newest dash and the .67 patch.

If anyone is familiar with this problem I'd love to know how to fix it (short of removing the patch because I need it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users