• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shaw237

Shaw237

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:07 AM

I'm at college and I am limited to only one connect. They do this by making you entering in your MAC address. I know you can get around this by getting a router, but I don't currently have one. Is there anyway I can change the MAC address on my ps3, so I can connect it to the internet just by unplugging net. cable from PC and putting it into my ps3. I know this was possible with xbox but wondering if there was a way to do it for ps3.

any help would be really appreciated.

#2 Shaw237

Shaw237

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:08 PM

anyone have any idea?

#3 Elusid

Elusid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

Umm well you can't select your MAC address on your PS3 but you can set your IP address. If you find what IP your comp was and set your PS3 to the same one it would do the same thing.

#4 Shaw237

Shaw237

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:21 AM

didn't work.. internet is mac specific

#5 jwhazel

jwhazel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:00 AM

Maybe I'm still living in the olden days and , but you can't change your MAC. Thats the purpose of the MAC to begin with, its a static identifier. Mass insanity insues if people could change them and two ended up being alike. I don't know your whole situation, but if you can afford/receive a gift of a $500-$600 video game system, then surely you can afford/get someone to give you a $30 router.

edit: windows/mac/linux all have options of "internet sharing". Put a second NIC in your comp if you only have one and plug it into your PS3. Or if you have wireless built into your computer, I'm pretty sure you can use that as an access point for internet sharing.

Edited by jwhazel, 22 February 2007 - 03:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users