• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Uthred

Uthred

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

I was just wondering are there any apps like XBMC for the 360 available or in development?

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

NO, until we get a full hack we won't see programs. Flashing the DVD drives firmware is all that can be done.

#3 Millenia1x

Millenia1x

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

maybe someone can do it with xna

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

Although it may be possible, considering the limitations of XNA I doubt XBMC will be coded with it. Not to mention that when the emulators for the x360 were announced and everyone realized you had to actually pay for something (the XNA $100 yearly subscription) to be able to run it on the x360, most people were pissed and refuse to pay for XNA.

If it IS coded with XNA and can be used, it will only be available to those that wish to pay the $100 a year.

#5 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Feb 14 2007, 04:52 PM) View Post

Although it may be possible, considering the limitations of XNA I doubt XBMC will be coded with it. Not to mention that when the emulators for the x360 were announced and everyone realized you had to actually pay for something (the XNA $100 yearly subscription) to be able to run it on the x360, most people were pissed and refuse to pay for XNA.

If it IS coded with XNA and can be used, it will only be available to those that wish to pay the $100 a year.

Which I don't understand why is so bad, people were willing to pay up to 30+ for mod chips on the Xbox 1. I just don't understand why people are so annoyed that they want to pay for something. You pay 50 for Live a year, 50 for games so 50 for XNA aint to bad. Maybe all these people asking it for free are really falsifying the term backups and pirating there stuff.

The only bad thing about XNA afaik is no network support. Surely a Media Center doesn't need network support.

#6 toxickiwi

toxickiwi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, MotorSport, Motorcycling, Rugby, PC's, Mods, Repairs
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Network support is vital for a decent XBOX360 Multimedia player. It means your not limited to only 13gb (minus gamesaves etc) of space to hold your movies, sounds, pix.
Microsoft wont allow a piece of XNA software to play back all the media formats we can with an XBOX1 anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users