1 reply to this topic

#1 illmatikicks

illmatikicks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

Hi everybody,

So I have recently modded my 360. Today I bought a few verbatim dvd+r dl and I was ready to burn my first backups.

After reading all faq's etcetera and setting my booktype to dvd-rom in dvdinfopro, I have a nec 3540A. I opened IMGBURN and entered the right layer break digits in the tools menu.

After having opened the .dvd file and clicking the burn button IMGBURN properly burned the disc untill 16% (@2.4 speed), what happened after that was absolutely nothing. It kept stuck at 16% for hours, without reporting any errors. I decided to just quit the program and try it again.

The 2nd time I burned the disc @ 8 speed with automatic layerbreak settings and a .dvd file containing the layer break line. This time the burning process stopped at 22%, again without any errors.

Before I start wasting another $7 verbatim disc I want to ask you guys what could be wrong in my case ....

Thanks

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

I don't know why people keep using DVDinfopro to change the booktype to DVD-ROM. DVDinfopro is a very informative tool but I certainly wouldn't be using it to change the booktype. Are you sure your current firmware revision even supports setting the booktype to DVD-ROM (unless you have specifically updated to one of the booktype setting revisions, your burner probably doesn't support this feature). IMG burn has an option for setting the booktype on NEC drives and that is what I would use once you get the firmware issue sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users