1 reply to this topic

#1 bengali548

bengali548

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

k guys i need a bit of persuasion and help here lol

k basically i got into xbox modding when i saw my friend that had the media center on his xbox. but after reading the forums it seems that flashing your hd is pretty risky. alot of people here get the ring of death or error symbols after flashing their 360. some after months some after days/hours.

so i just need to know this

if i do get the ring of death is there a definite fix for this and could i revive my xbox from this error or is it just useless after that.

ive seen some tips but if those tips fail and your warranty sticker is off than arent u screwed

also i know someone who is going to flash my xbox for me but keep the warranty sticker on (he uses some hot air method) now god forbid this but lets say my 360 did screw up could i still return it 2 MS or will they detect that my firmware has been modded

and lastly another concern about flashing...
by "flashing" my 360 with the hacked firmware i can play back ups but does this firmware have to be constantly updated (like rockbox to all my ipod hackers out there) or is it a one time only thing becuase i dont want to be constantly opening up my 360 and updating it

#2 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(bengali548 @ Feb 14 2007, 01:54 PM) View Post

k guys i need a bit of persuasion and help here lol

k basically i got into xbox modding when i saw my friend that had the media center on his xbox. but after reading the forums it seems that flashing your hd is pretty risky. alot of people here get the ring of death or error symbols after flashing their 360. some after months some after days/hours.

so i just need to know this

if i do get the ring of death is there a definite fix for this and could i revive my xbox from this error or is it just useless after that.

ive seen some tips but if those tips fail and your warranty sticker is off than arent u screwed

also i know someone who is going to flash my xbox for me but keep the warranty sticker on (he uses some hot air method) now god forbid this but lets say my 360 did screw up could i still return it 2 MS or will they detect that my firmware has been modded

and lastly another concern about flashing...
by "flashing" my 360 with the hacked firmware i can play back ups but does this firmware have to be constantly updated (like rockbox to all my ipod hackers out there) or is it a one time only thing becuase i dont want to be constantly opening up my 360 and updating it

No there isn't a fix.

Tips on trying to commit fraud aren't happening here (the sticker bit dry.gif ).

Firmware will need to be updated at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users