#1 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

Ok, so heres my problem, I got a modded xbox from a friend who says it was modded by the splinter cell exploit/linux installer. I looked into getting it a bigger hard drive about 2 months ago (my first time ever opening and "playing" with a box). So after reading and reading and reading and making little sense of it I downloaded xboxhdm_v1.9 and FTP'd my eeprom.bin, hddkey, and the stuff in the backup folder. Whats wierd is the path or the backup is E:\Apps\backup. After copying my C and E drives I created the linux.ISO with xboxhdm and followed steps on techfreaks.org, when i tryed the xbox it gives me an errorcode 13. The hardrive I acquired is a samsung ST340015A, 37.97 GB. Me... I am totally stumped, the modded xbox hd is the original one it came, I'd like the bigger one for more gamesaves. If theres any other way to build a hd from scratch or any of you guys/gals can help overcome my aggrivating problem, I could really use it.

Thx for the time for reading this post.

MCC

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

if all this reading was done you should have found that you can use a LIVE enabled game will do the trick. unplug the ethernet cable and insert a LIVE game (halo 2, COD, etc) and try to connect to live. it wont be able since you have the cable unplugged. it will update your dash for you.

#3 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

Ok, i did what you said btw ty for the help, But now im getting the error code 07, which apparently is "HDD Timeout". Is there any way to fix that? lol

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:03 AM

Check that the power and IDE cables are firmly connected. And check the jumpers (should be Master or Cable Select).

Error 07 is not a good sign. If the above doesn't work, you may have pooched the drive or controller.

As CJLee89 said, this info is all found in the pinned topics here (and referenced back into the Hardware forum). Reading a bit is always faster than awaiting a reply in many cases.

Edited by Xombe, 16 February 2007 - 02:06 AM.

#5 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:21 AM

Ok, i really appreciate you guys helpn, but when i took the my COD disk out of the disc drive it went right back to error code 13. If I leave it in it just stays on the xbox screen with the green x and microsoft. But at least error code 07 is gone i rejumperd it. It was on master but i switched to cable select. So now do I have to keep COD in to get it to work? Thanks again.

MCC

#6 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:07 AM

Ok, let me re state my last post, after trying it out and messing with it a little bit more im getting the beautiful error code 21, after searching the forums for that code, I now have to get xplorer360 and search the no-modchip hacks (exploits) forum. Ill update if i have another problem i cant find. Thanks again for the help.

MCC

#7 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

error 21 is your dash is missing files. what i would do is extract the dash files from slayers and FTP over a fresh C drive. and then use the update technique if needed.

#8 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:50 AM

Welll, I can't FTP with an error code I guess. but I found this video on the forums...

it says it fixes the error codes 13 & 21, but it requires a fresh copy of C: and E:

my problem with that is I dont have my xbox original C: and E: since i got it from a friend, does slayers have this or do I have to scrounge the internet to find it? and even if I do... will it work?

Hopefully, someday I/we can resolve this sad.gif
Thanks again

MCC

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

Yes, Slayers as mentioned has a full MS dash on it.

You say you have no means of FTP? Zero? Can't boot an exploitable game like Splinter Cell and use it to load a hacked gamesave to get Evox/UnleashX into memory?

#10 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:45 AM

Right, I can't ftp at all to the hard drive since that is the one that has the errors (i believe it wont assign an ip w/o the dash working properly). I have splinter cell (my friend gave it to me) but when trying to boot doesn't boot to splinter cell it goes striaght to the wonderful error screen 21 again.

As of right now Im d/ling it. and tommorrow i will mess with it again. Thank you guys so much for your help, as for now I have to write a lab report thats due tommorrow morning bright and early.

Thanks again,
MCC

#11 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:01 AM

Ok, Im back, finally got a night off of work. After downloading and creating the slayers install disk i have a few more questions. First off, since i cant ftp my 40 gb hd and get the dash working properly...i am unable to get the slayers disc to boot. It boots to error code 16 [Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)] . uhh.gif But I still have my old working hard drive and have ftp access to that (i dont see how that can help me). I still have my "backup" folder and what not if i need that anymore.

As of now i am once again stumped. sad.gif Any help would be appreciated once again.

All i know is that the slayers disc will work on the good hd but not on the 40 gb one.

MCC

Ok after fixing error code 16, It went back to error code 13, but after trying to use the slayers install disc i am now stuck with error code 14 which between afterdawn.com and here i am unable to resolve this error.

Any suggestions?

MCC

#12 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:45 AM

it looks like you need to make a new xboxHDM disk with the files from slayers (system\all\c) and a gamesave in E:\udata

#13 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

what gamesave do i need the linux installer from splinter cell?

MCC

and how do i get the files from slayers should i redo my working hdd?

#14 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

what gamesave do i need the linux installer from splinter cell?
yes unless you have a mem card with it allready on it, in that case leave the "E" folder blank
and how do i get the files from slayers should i redo my working hdd?
No never mess with a working HDD
extract the files from the slayers iso use Quix or craxtion (PC app's) put the files from system\all\c into the "C" folder (apx 180MB)

Edited by xman954, 18 February 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#15 MCSquared77

MCSquared77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:01 AM

Ok i did as you said... 4 times and once i got it to boot games but no dash, the problem was i didnt have the gamesave. So after I redid the hd it now boots to error 21 with any games inside the tray, error 13 without anything in the tray, and error 14 with the slayers disc inside the tray. I tried just about anything I could think of. But I am only one mind. Any suggestions???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users