• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PureEvi1

PureEvi1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 03:10 AM

I installed the PC-BioXX oping not to install the bios disable feature. Rather, I installed the eXecuter ground wire (pink) according to the instruction, therefore bypassing wire installs X1 and X2.

I can successfully flash the bios and it works (back-ups boot fine).
However, when I remove the printer cable from the PC-BioXX, the mod chip no longer works. Just beeps 3 times and and flashing red/green.

What is the problem??

It is strange... If I just plug in the printer cable and not plug it into my PC, it still works fine. ONly when I remove the cable from the PC-BioXX does it not boot.

ANy help, info, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ABEG

ABEG

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 07:45 AM

My guess would be that the ground cable was installed incorrectly and that the printer cable grounds the chip allowing it to work. You probably need to check those two points to make sure they are still connected and if so connected properly.

#3 PureEvi1

PureEvi1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (ABEG @ Sep 19 2002, 06:45 AM)
My guess would be that the ground cable was installed incorrectly and that the printer cable grounds the chip allowing it to work. You probably need to check those two points to make sure they are still connected and if so connected properly.

That is what I orginally thought too. We were correct. For some reason the 30 gauge wire I was using was not conducting well at the "longer" length I chose (easier to work with than a small 1-2 inch 30 gauge wire). I shortened the wire and upped the gauge. And now it works.
Thanks alot!

PS: I also used an alternate solution not mentioned in the newer installation instructions. If you simply connect wires x1 (9) and x2 (10) and apply a jumper (make a jumper) on the right-hand side of the PC-BioXX at the jumper position. It will always boot from the BiosXX. I know, nothing really new, but it may help those who have real problems soldering the <1mm soldering points.

#4 mutantsfornukes

mutantsfornukes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 04:48 PM

Let me get this straight, did you connect 9 and 10 to the bottom of the board at all?

I am having problems with the small points and am looking for an alternate solution.

#5 PureEvi1

PureEvi1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (mutantsfornukes @ Sep 19 2002, 03:48 PM)
Let me get this straight, did you connect 9 and 10 to the bottom of the board at all?

I am having problems with the small points and am looking for an alternate solution.

If you are having a problem with the pink wire... STOP!
It is a small solder point and may be difficult to do. DO not install the pink wire!

An alternative is to connect points 9 (x1) and 10 (x2) to the under-side of the mother board. They are larger and much easier to work with. Once installed, simply create a JUMPER for the jumper position on the PC-BioXX. I used a small solderless terminal to create a jumper. This will bypass the eject trick, and leave the PC-BiosXX in the "ON" position all the time. If you ever want to boot from the on-board bios, just remove the jumper and start the X-box with the eject button.

Hope that helps you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users