Photo

Guide For Backing Up Xbox 1 Games For 360?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BigMike54

BigMike54

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

I have a 360 flashed w/ 5.2 firmware and a SH-D162C Kreon drive in my computer for backing up the games. I have been doing research on backing up my XBOX 1 games that are on the compatibility list to play on my 360. I am confused however because there are posts that say you have to put them on DL's and there are others saying it can be done on DVD+R's w/ editing to fit on the disk. Is there a single comprehensive guide out there that will make this easy as possible for me? I don't mind backing them up to DL's all the time, but DVD+R's are cheaper and if I could use that media then I would rather do that. Also, if DL's are the best way, what is the best program to use to ensure that the image is how I need it?

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

If you have DL disk and then you can use xbox creator and it is a one click process to backup.

Single layer is also possible since you have a samsung.
For XBOX 1 titles only (no x360 to SL yet) and it is a bit more complex at this point than DL since there are no real integrated tools for that. XDVDMulleter (here) is the closest to that.

if you are interested you can look at this post on Single Layer with FW 5.2 , the release post of FW 5.2 and the release post of XBEFIX.
There is also a tutorial in the Backup Faq - Everything* You Need To Know
rgds,soso

#3 BigMike54

BigMike54

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

Thank you very much for the response; and the links are very usefull!! One more stupid question... can the DL's be played on a modded Xbox 1? Couldn't be that easy...

#4 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

Unfortunately no,
The xbox 1 with modchip requires patched XBE (done by craxtion,dvd2xbox...) and it it the exact thing that must be removed (by xdvdmulleter) for a X360 compliant backup. sad.gif .
One or the other.

rgds, soso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users