KoDKingVegeta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

Ok, so I was taking my cube apart to repaint it, and when I put it back together I broke the piece that the tap on the lid push's down. To let the cube known that lid is closed. So everytime I turn it on, all it dose is take me to the main menu, and wont load any games. If anyone has that piece, or needs pictures of the piece, let me known.

#2 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

I do not have the piece but my friend did the same thing. Just a hint, next time open the lid first smile.gif

if you can't find the part I can recommend 1 of 2 things, if you have a soft or hard modded GC then I recommend just clipping the wires from there and running them to a spst switch, then you can toggle open and closed manually. Or you can go Ghetto, and just bridge the connection, then you will only be able to insert games with the console off, or reboot any time you change the CD.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I was unable to find a part for my friends console when he did this, so we have done both, first the bridge, now the switch.

#3 KoDKingVegeta

KoDKingVegeta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(EverestX @ Feb 16 2007, 07:32 PM) View Post

I do not have the piece but my friend did the same thing. Just a hint, next time open the lid first smile.gif

if you can't find the part I can recommend 1 of 2 things, if you have a soft or hard modded GC then I recommend just clipping the wires from there and running them to a spst switch, then you can toggle open and closed manually. Or you can go Ghetto, and just bridge the connection, then you will only be able to insert games with the console off, or reboot any time you change the CD.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I was unable to find a part for my friends console when he did this, so we have done both, first the bridge, now the switch.

I never though of running it to a switch or cutting the two wires and running them together. Lol

*EDIT*

I dont have my cube modded, so can I still do the switch or the bridge?

Edited by KoDKingVegeta, 19 February 2007 - 02:15 AM.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Yes you can do the bridge or the switch without a moded cube... it makes no difference.

#5 KoDKingVegeta

KoDKingVegeta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:32 AM

I ran the two wires together, and now it works. Lol, thanks for the help.

#6 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(KoDKingVegeta @ Feb 18 2007, 07:15 PM) View Post

I dont have my cube modded, so can I still do the switch or the bridge?

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Feb 19 2007, 06:39 AM) View Post

Yes you can do the bridge or the switch without a moded cube... it makes no difference.

Sorry for not better explaining that part, the reason I suggested a switch on a softmodded cube was due to disc swapping with the AR disc over to your backup. With a chipped cube or a regular cube that normally wouldn't be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users