wap32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

Hi there

I have an original Halo 2 dvd I would like to backup, fut so far I have failed.
I tried the method I usually use for X360 games, rip the game with a normal dvd-rom using wxripper, extract ss, dmi and pfi with my hitachi drive(v47 w/ xtrm v2.3) and then use Xbox 360 SS merger to make the final *.iso and *.dvd files.
The problem is wxripper hangs on halo2, when the iso is at about 560mb the drive slows down and wxripper just hangs, no crc error, no nothing, it just freezes.

So I tried another method, I used wx360 to extract the files, extracted ss.bin with hitachi drive, downloaded a layout file from layouts.xbox-scene.com (not an optimized one) and used XDVDMulleter.
I selected make new iso->iso from folder on pc->create dvd9 iso w/ 0'd padding->leave original default.xbe(rip was from original dvd)->loaded ss.bin->no media stealth->load layout from disc->make iso and burned it with imgburn to a memorex dvd+r dl. I forgot to set booktype to dvd-rom but I've played backups on my hitachi without booktype set before.
I load the game on my 360, xbox logo appears, "This original Xbox game has encountered a problem...". blink.gif

This seriously sucks, it's my first coaster. sad.gif
Does anyone know what I did wrong, is the method I used the recommended one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

1) wxripper does not work on xbox 1 game because the Offset is different.

2) Never used xdvdmulleter for a DL, so not sure how good it is. Have you modified you layerbreak in IMGBURN to 1913776 (not the 1913760 of x360 game) before burning

For Xbox 1 you are then left with using isobuster with hotswap which is not an easy method.
Backup Faq section you will find Making Your Own Xbox 1 Backups That Work On The Xbox 360 by Textbook,
it can be made slightly easier by the following:
1) follow that method until you complete the ''Ripping The Game'' section
2) on the resulting image use ssmerger (or other) to extract the game partition
3) extract your SS with your hitachi
4) merge the game partition and the ss using ss merger and the usual Xbox 1 options
5) Burn like with imgburn using layerbreak 1913776.
After this you might consider getting a sh-d162c wink.gif .

have a good one , and let me know how it goes plse
soso

Edited by sosotiit, 17 February 2007 - 06:32 PM.

#3 wap32

wap32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:28 PM

So it would be pretty much the "isobuild" method (as in xtrm fw readme.txt). So I could tell isobuster to extract up to 3431264 LBA and avoid having to extract the game partition later right?

#4 badsheepy

badsheepy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:34 PM

My most recent (not released) builds of xdvdmulleter have wxripper style hotswapping in them for xbox 1 and xbox 360 isos, should be released pretty soon, when i finish adding things smile.gif
If you want to use wx360 to do it.. magic number on xbox 1 dvds is 32 less than xbox 360 dvds, so just run it from the command line and it should work fine

Edited by badsheepy, 18 February 2007 - 06:34 PM.

#5 wap32

wap32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Feb 18 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

My most recent (not released) builds of xdvdmulleter have wxripper style hotswapping in them for xbox 1 and xbox 360 isos, should be released pretty soon, when i finish adding things smile.gif
If you want to use wx360 to do it.. magic number on xbox 1 dvds is 32 less than xbox 360 dvds, so just run it from the command line and it should work fine

So my problem was probably caused by extracting the game files using wx360 with the wrong magic number...

I'm extracting them again using wxripper's magic number - 32.

#6 wap32

wap32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

Ok, so I've extracted the files again, but when using XDVDMulleter it still says(like it did the first time) that default.xbe has been modified and needs unpatching to work on 360.
This is really odd since I'm ripping an original, not a backup.

Should I just ignore this? huh.gif

#7 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Feb 18 2007, 01:41 PM) View Post

Wow that is an exceptional news tongue.gif,
Many not having access to a sh-D162C will be extremely happy, even more for the hitachi owner.

rgds,soso

#8 wap32

wap32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

Finally got it to work! biggrin.gif

Used isobuster to extract w/ length of 3431264 LBA, used ss merger to cerate final iso and burned with clonecd.
I think my first problem was due to wx360 extracting with the wrong magic number. dry.gif

Thanks a lot for your help (sosotiit and badsheepy)!! beerchug.gif

I'll be sure to start using XDVDMulleter when the next version comes out, an automated process for this would be really great for people that don't have samsung drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users