Photo

Will I Ever Get Banned From Xbox Live For Fw Hack?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

I have 4 and 6-year old nephews that play my 360 when they come over. My 360 hasn't scratched any discs yet, but I can't say the same about the kids! I bought the "Cars" game for them, which they played a few times before "losing" it under the leg of the coffee table, where it got some nice scratches.

After that, I decided it might be time to look into backups. I modded my XBOX 1 and know all about that, but I'm looking for info about 360 firmware flashing. Do you guys think MS will really start banning people from Live for firmware hacks? I simply want to backup my games but am nervous about risking my Live account. Should I be super-strict with my nephews about taking care of the games, or do you guys feel fairly comfortable with your flashed drive? Also, do you think it's possible that MS could start banning without a system firmware update? If there comes a point where people start getting banned after a firmware update, couldn't I just stop doing updates from that point, or would I not be able to access live if the system software is not up to date?

Thanks!
-shelly

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

Plse read the rules here.
and the section Before Posting " Is This Update Going To Ban Me" .

Closed
Rgds,soso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users