• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stacii12

Stacii12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

I have an original xbox and I want to burn ripped xbox games and play them. Do I need a modchip or not?!
blink.gif

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

either a modchip or softmod.

#3 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

A softmod will work for what you are trying to accomplish. That said, you should definitely weigh the benefits of both softmods and mod chips if you're modding an Xbox for the first time. Chips are expensive, but new ones make it easy to fix problems like hard drive failure and broken dashboards. Softmods are easier and cheaper (assuming you already have an Action Replay), but complicate hard drive swaps and dashboard fixes.

#4 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Vayate @ Feb 18 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post

A softmod will work for what you are trying to accomplish. That said, you should definitely weigh the benefits of both softmods and mod chips if you're modding an Xbox for the first time. Chips are expensive, but new ones make it easy to fix problems like hard drive failure and broken dashboards. Softmods are easier and cheaper (assuming you already have an Action Replay), but complicate hard drive swaps and dashboard fixes.

he pretty much summed that up very nicely wink.gif ... once up and running both are equally good... but like he said if something goes wrong it's easier to fix if you have a modchip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users