Photo

Avalaunch.xml - Duplicate Menu Entry From [item] And [path]?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

Hiya! I'm a new convert from Evox to Avalaunch, and so far I really like it. I've been tampering with the various options and tweaking the menu and such to my personal preferences, and I've come across a phenomenon that I'm not sure is an optional feature or a bug.

When I use:

<list presetname="Applications">
<path>
E:\Apps
</path>
</list>

It correctly list all of the apps in the folder. But something I was able to do with Evox was list the apps in a particular ORDER I liked, with specific names, by handcoding a reference to that item in the ini. Once an item was added to the ini by hand, Evox would ignore that item from then on when scanning the path for programs.

So say, if I hardcoded a reference to Program A, then Program B, and left the rest alone, then the menu would show me:

[Program A]
[Program B]
[the rest of the apps, as auto-scanned]

...in that order.

Now I've noticed that if I try to do this with avalaunch, it certainly puts the application I chose in the correct spot, BUT it also duplicates that item again when scanning the directory for apps, so it ends up in the list twice. For example, I like my XBMC to be at the top of my apps list. In alphabetical order, it goes somewhere near the end. Therefore, If I add the XBMC to the list as such:

<list presetname="Applications">
<item name="XBox Media Center" path="E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe"/>
<path>
E:\Apps
</path>
</list>

Then when I go into my Apps menu, I see this:

[XBox Media Center]
[auto-scanned apps]
[XBMC]

My question is, is there a way to turn off inclusion of already named items in the path scan, something that I've missed? I've considered burying the apps I want to force in order three paths deep, then setting path scan depth to 2, thereby circumventing the path scan seeing them, but I'm hesitant to resort to such stopgaps if there's a better solution I've overlooked. Thanks!

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

Yes, and no. You'll have to either hardcode all your apps and not use a list/path definition, or...

Try naming the XBMC XBE something other than default.xbe so it won't be automatically added, and then add a hardcoded line pointing to it above your list/path entry

#3 ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Feb 19 2007, 12:06 PM) View Post

Try naming the XBMC XBE something other than default.xbe so it won't be automatically added, and then add a hardcoded line pointing to it above your list/path entry

Hmm! I didn't realize that it only scans for default.xbe in the folder hierarchy... This could be exactly what I needed, thanks!

I'm actually a little surprised they haven't implemented the "ignore duplicates" feature already, considering EvoX had it three years ago..

Edited by ShadowStitch, 19 February 2007 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users