Fred_PJ

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:21 PM

In the Script Download from Xbmc Live, the "Games" menu item is missing from the left menu. The original XBMCScripts script has a "Games" menu item so I suppose it was forgotten.

By the way, is the Xbmc Live You Tube using the "You Tube 1" or "You Tube 2" script?

#2 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

Probably because Team Blackbolt hasn't asked us to implement the installer into MC360 and did the convertion from an outdated version of the installer.

XBMCScripts take no responsibility for it wink.gif

#3 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(blittan @ Feb 20 2007, 08:45 AM) View Post

Probably because Team Blackbolt hasn't asked us to implement the installer into MC360 and did the convertion from an outdated version of the installer.

XBMCScripts take no responsibility for it wink.gif

lol yeah yeh I know I'm still trying to figure out if I'm just going to pack the new working one in the skin from the site unmodified or just let people install it them selves and have a dud not working button in the live place until they do sad.gif
what would be nice is an installer that uses GUI builder

#4 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:08 AM

well, 2.x line (which is under development) will use the guibuilder.

also would have been kind of asking, could have modified the current one to either build the standard gui or mc360..

besides that, i strongly disapprove of putting scripts elsewhere, mainly because there isn't a good settingssystem and secondly that i complicates debugging (and may even cause more errors)

besides that, its common practice to ask permission before using someones code in other things (ie game trainers and market place)..

also xbmc scripts installer is normally always included in t3ch releases.

Edited by blittan, 20 February 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#5 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

Blittan
I agree totally about asking people before you mod things and send them out, but I'm pretty sure the build in mc360 isn't the one from site currently but is the one from the old outdated section. Also it wasn't modded by me but was infact copied straight from they old third party xbmc market place mod that was done ages ago and was heavily modded by him as well.
Not saying this good reasoning but I'll plead ignorance unsure.gif
I'm all for completely removing it totally and relying on people to install it themselves.

#6 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

There will be a manditory update of the installer sometime this week, which will be installed to the correct location (Q:\scripts\xbmcscripts) also I have edited it so it now uses the MC360 gui. (just because Jezz_X is such a nice guy) wink.gif

#7 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:12 AM

And also on that note you may notice the SVN of mc360 no longer has this script in it because Blittan is such a nice guy and added the mc360 UI to the official uptodate version. mc360 will now look for the script in its proper location from now on smile.gif

#8 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:44 AM

It was all my fault!

I feel so bad blittan, I have so many things going on and this skin on top, I totally forgot about the credits for the XBMC Live section. Not as much time was put into it as people are led to believe. There was alot of talk about it on our forums as though it was some second coming, but really all it is, is a page with links to scripts already out.

I take full responsibility for everything. Have mercy...

IPB Image

Edited by Blackbolt, 22 February 2007 - 12:45 AM.

#9 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

well, to do misstakes are human nature, to admit you made a mistake is grandiose.

no offense taken.. and i am glad to be able to do some addons like that little script for the button.

hopefully the update will go smooth, so the users can enjoy xbmcscripts with mc360 biggrin.gif

#10 Fred_PJ

Fred_PJ

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Feb 21 2007, 11:51 PM) View Post

There was alot of talk about it on our forums as though it was some second coming, but really all it is, is a page with links to scripts already out.

In my opinion, that's what it should be and isn't now, because the way I see it, now is more like a shiny new wrap for old and outdated scripts. I was really disappointed with that.

I hope that in the future it will truly be "a page with links to scripts", links to the CURRENT VERSIONS of those scripts that is. Perhaps you could work with the scripts makers to make matching "Xbmc Live" skins (You Tube and XBMCScripts), so everytime a new version of the script would come out and be updated, that part of Xbmc Live would be updated as well. wink.gif

#11 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

fred_pj: if you have read my postings, you would know atleast xbmcscripts is updating and are going to be updated even more..

#12 Fred_PJ

Fred_PJ

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(blittan @ Feb 23 2007, 04:18 PM) View Post

fred_pj: if you have read my postings, you would know atleast xbmcscripts is updating and are going to be updated even more..

Yes, I am aware of that, so I was suggesting some kind of mutual agreement in which the official XBMCScripts script would already contain the Mc360 "XBMC Live" skin in every new release, ready to be used in the "XBMC Live" part.
The same with the You Tube script.

Edited by Fred_PJ, 23 February 2007 - 07:32 PM.

#13 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(blittan @ Feb 21 2007, 11:30 PM) View Post
There will be a manditory update of the installer sometime this week, which will be installed to the correct location (Q:\scripts\xbmcscripts) also I have edited it so it now uses the MC360 gui. (just because Jezz_X is such a nice guy) wink.gif

you must have missed this post then wink.gif

#14 Fred_PJ

Fred_PJ

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Oh, right, I missed it, thanks. smile.gif Anyways, I hope the same can be done with the You Tube script.

#15 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(Fred_PJ @ Feb 24 2007, 05:47 AM) View Post

Oh, right, I missed it, thanks. smile.gif Anyways, I hope the same can be done with the You Tube script.

You tube will be removed and replaced with a youtube2 script download/link when I'm satisfied that the guibuilder in it works properly last time I heard It was having problems recognizing anything but the default skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users