Photo

Signs of an Xbox 360 price-drop spotted?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Xbox-Scene

Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:48 PM

Signs of an Xbox 360 price-drop spotted?
Posted by XanTium | February 19 11:48 EST

From theinquirer.net:

An eagled-eyed reader sent us information that the 360 was being sold for a knock-down price - Premium consoles were being advertised at Core prices.
Makro is advertising Premium Xbox 360 packs for only 199 - the previous price of Core machines, which come without the hard-drive/wireless pad.

No other group seems to be offloading stock at this price yet, but it will be interesting to see if this is a simple one-off move by a large wholesaler to bring in the punters, or an unofficial price-cut from Microsoft.

Full Story: theinquirer.net

#2 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

Just remember Makro is a cash and carry so any price you see excludes the 17.5% VAT. The actual price you'll pay for the premium 360 will be 234.99 which is still an excellent deal!.

#3 Arvarden

Arvarden

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

The console in the AD is a core?

Anyway this looks like a PR stunt from Makro than an official price cut from MS.

Grab one while you can!

#4 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

Game Informer magaziene has a little blip from a couple analysts speculating a $100 price drop by christmas 07'
this is not confirmed, but it is in the magaziene (the one with Darth Vader on the front)

#5 nylaptop

nylaptop

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

Hello, I am an american. I was wondering if I could buy this xbox by marko. I don't think they sell to north america. correct me if I am wrong please :0

#6 maj0r_t0m

maj0r_t0m

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

I work in Makro's IT department and can confirm the following. For the two weeks of the offer (possibly longer), the price Makro pay has dropped in-line with the offer, so Makro is making a profit.
When this offer ends on the 27th, the price will return to 237. But there is a new offer of a premium system + any 3 games for 250.
Whether this means anything for the future of the RRP I don't know. But someone other than Makro is covering the price cut.

#7 ex-box

ex-box

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

In the US, Throughout the month of December, Micro Center had all 360's at $100 off normal retail price through a Store mail-in rebate. It took almost 2 months, but I finally got my $100 check in the mail. So, I paid the same price of a core for each of my 2 premiums.

I dont expect them to do that again soon, but I am watching to see if they do. i have friends that want a 360 also at that price.

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

It'd be nice if the dropped the price here in the states soon. I just got a shitload of overtime pay (I live in Oswego County, NY where we got hit with chronic snowstorms for a week straight).

#9 stigzy

stigzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

yes seen the add at makro website

also offering PGR3 ARCADE UNPLUGGED AND WIRELESS PAD

half price 34.99 per pack (good deal not much more than the pad itself)

#10 maj0r_t0m

maj0r_t0m

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Hoppy @ Feb 19 2007, 08:17 PM) View Post

It'd be nice if the dropped the price here in the states soon. I just got a shitload of overtime pay (I live in Oswego County, NY where we got hit with chronic snowstorms for a week straight).

Even with this 'price cut' we still pay more in the UK than you guys in the states! That's $450 for the box and around $80 for a game.

--
Ian

#11 walkman4448

walkman4448

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

Any you guys over there in the UK think of buying a U.S. console and U.S. games off ebay? Is there something different with the (power) input into the console in a UK system? I know the wall plug is probably different, but what I'm trying to theorize is, buy a U.S. 360 and use a UK power supply. Would that work, or are there voltage differences for the console as well?

Edited by walkman4448, 19 February 2007 - 10:13 PM.

#12 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(walkman4448 @ Feb 19 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post

Any you guys over there in the UK think of buying a U.S. console and U.S. games off ebay? Is there something different with the (power) input into the console in a UK system? I know the wall plug is probably different, but what I'm trying to theorize is, buy a U.S. 360 and use a UK power supply. Would that work, or are there voltage differences for the console as well?

The voltage over here is different but the 360 power supply will convert it accordingly. The plug is different yes but thats easy to change. The thing with buying a US console is there's going to be shipping costs to think about and you're going to be forced into always buying ntsc games. You might even have to pay customs tax for importing it. Also I don't think the warranty is valid when you're no longer in the region you bought the console (could be wrong on that one). Bottom line is it's just a hastle and not really worth the small (if any) saving.

#13 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:57 AM

everybody knows the price-drop is coming...it's only a matter of when. i would time the price-cut with the release of Halo 3 or 1-2 months afterwards. wonder how long until a PS3 price-cut? probably too late to even make a difference...

#14 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:09 AM

Hopefully there is a price break in the coming months. It's much needed. It would give m$ such a huge edge over the ps3 and more competition for the wii. Personally i have yet to play the wii but i have been hearing good things about it. M$ should also throw in a game with the console, make a bundle like nintendo does. It's not like m$ is losing money on the 360 anymore.

#15 DeanoUK

DeanoUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:31 AM

Ah good to see my article made xbox-scene.

A lot of people wrote to me stating about the additional 17.5% VAT, which I didn't disclose in the article. Still cheap but not as cheap as we first thought.

I imagine we'll see unofficial price cuts floating about for a bit, from various wholesalers, if the rumours of the black SKU are real.

Dean Pullen for www.theinquirer.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users