• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vampiro

vampiro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:24 PM

When I insert the disc the lens move to the center then the disc spins for about one second and quickly stops spinning then says open tray, with original or backups. So I decided to used a lens from another xbox, it read originals and backups perfectly. I put in the original lens and it still wouldn't work. I came to the conclusion that the lens were damaged and bought a new one. With the new lens the disc spun but wouldn't read discs. I tested the lens on a working xbox and the lens are good. Now no matter witch lens I use on the damaged xbox it will only spin for a second then quickly stop spinning and say open tray, with original or backup.

Has anyone had this problem, if so, do you have any solutions? Why doesn't the freaking disc spin?

#2 dimstrat3

dimstrat3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:58 PM

Hello, i think im having the same problem.
Does it make some huge noises ?

Iv just got in a new Hitachi drive and im waiting for hlep on how to replace the key to the new drive to see if its the DVD drive thats actually damaged.
If any one can help me trough on how to put the old key to the new drive i would appritiate it very much, then we can see if its the dvd drive faulty or ?

hope to hear from any one soon.
DS sad.gif

#3 vampiro

vampiro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

I'm not getting any noise at allbecause the disc will not spin completely. It will attempt to spin then instantly stop in less than a second. I think it's a faulty drive but I'm having trouble flashing a different drive with the original firmware key.

You need to get the original firmware from the drive that your 360 has then use that to flash your new drive. I hope you have your orig.bin firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users