5 replies to this topic

#1 threequarters

threequarters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:29 PM

Dudes! Love the skin. I can sit in front of the tv and flip through the menus for hours.

1. I was wondering though, if it would be possible somehow to fix the keymap.xml so that you could navigate left and right between blades using the triggers (like the 360 does with the trigger buttons)? i know the triggers are used to scroll up and down when in a file list (which i like and wouldn't want to lose), but while on the main blades only, would it be possible to use the triggers to go left and right? and then when in music or videos or whatever the triggers would scroll.

Can it be done? not a big deal but it would be cool.

2. The other thing i was thinking about was the possibity of changing the gamertag info from gamertag to weather, to system info, now playing etc. by selecting it and then pushing left and right on the D pad. I don't know if this has even been done already. as far as i know the only way to change it is in the guide blade, but you're stuck with your choice. Would this be possible?

Just ideas not complaints. I love the skin.

thanks guys

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:26 PM

1. Nope, because it interfers with the general navigation of the entire skin. The homeblades use a focus tag, meaning when you press left or right, a hidden image is focused and a sequence is activated, there for the actual leaving of the page is tied to general cursor movement, and your would have to have the L and R triggers as general navigation throughout the entire skin. Anyway, pressing left and right on the DPAD is no real task now is it?

2. Tried it, was annoying as hell. If you leave focus on the gamercard and switch back to that blade, its annoying when it just keeps cycling through the gamercards, so we moved it to its own guide blade for ease. Also everytime you do it, the skin writes an option to your settings. So if you where constnatly doing it, it can greatly improve the risk of screwing up your settings file and screw up XBMC, and you have to use a bootdisk to boot into something else other than XBMC. So basically, its too unstable because of the functionality of actually changing. If we loaded all that information in hidden, so it wasnt a save issue, it was just a visibility switch, it would kill navigation speeds, because of all the gamercard stuff having to be loaded into the main menu. Just stick with one per card, I have weather on XBMC Live, Drive info on Games and gamercard on media.

Edited by Blackbolt, 20 February 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#3 Spaceman2004

Spaceman2004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

1) get the keymap in my sig. You can use the left and right triggers and still scroll through the list of stuff you have!

#4 threequarters

threequarters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Good points BB. i didn't think about the options it needs to write everytime you change it otherwise you could use the Y button (ex.) to change it.

And actually, now that you mention it, Spaceman, i think i did try that a long time ago but had a problem with it. it wasn't working well or something ( i can't remember). Maybe i'll try it again.

Thanks for the responses guys.

#5 Jeroen_JRP

Jeroen_JRP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

about the keymap, the triggers have had some great improvements since the first time it was integrated in spaceman's keymap (I should know, becouse I did that part tongue.gif)

#6 threequarters

threequarters

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Last thing i have to say about this. Spaceman, i added the trigger left and right code and it works great. Haven't had any problem so far. Might as well use 'em. They ain't doing anything otherwise. As far as i can tell it's not causing any problems.

Thanks for the tip Spaceman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users