• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jonsbox

jonsbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:09 AM

I bought Guitar Hero 2 and 2 controllers for PS2. Guitar hero is the only game I play on it. So I was thinking I could get rid of the PS2 when Guitar Hero 2 comes out for 360. Plus I got excited about the possibility of downloading new songs from the live market place.

Any chance I might be able to use my PS2 guitars on 360?

#2 jackie martling

jackie martling

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:14 AM

i hope your not serious dude

rolleyes.gif

#3 Boydster

Boydster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:20 AM

Although I don't own a PS2 or any guitars for it, I too was thinking the same thing. Now that that adapter came out where you can use a mouse and keyboard AND ps2 controllers, I think it might be a possibility. If you have two already, it might be cheaper to buy the adapter and use that.

#4 dvsone

dvsone

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:24 AM

I'm pretty sure the 360 version is going to be wireless, wouldn't you prefer that?

#5 jonsbox

jonsbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the insight. And yes, I am completely serious. Play guitar hero and you will understand, it is one of the funniest "party" games I have ever played.

The reason for the question is the games pretty expensive for ps2 with 2 controllers $130.

And for 360 its $150.

Add the two together and thats $280 for one game.

I highly recommended that anyone slightly interested in the game buys it when it comes out. The price is steep and its fun single player, but multi player is what makes it worth it.

#6 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

I see what your saying, I have Guitar Hero 2 on my PS2, it rocks. Though the game and guitar costs 50, it was an expensive xmas present for me.

Would be cool to just get an adapter when it comes out on the 360 so when I get one I could just get the adapter and game (for 360), but if they do an official adapter one it might hamper there sales because lots of people already have Guitar Hero 2 and they would just use there guitars on the 360 with the adapter if you get what I'm saying huh.gif

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

That PS2/keyboard and mouse adapter costs $80+ and it plugs into a 360 controller to run...

Not to mention it might not even work with custom controllers like a guitar or dancepad.

IMO it's worth the little extra to just buy a real 2nd controller.

Building your own adapter is just as expensive, adapting a PS2 controller would be more complex and more expensive then my Saturn controller adapter, and it probably wouldn't even work with a guitar controller.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 21 February 2007 - 06:02 PM.

#8 BSDeez16

BSDeez16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Engineer - Seagate Technology<br />PCBA Test Development
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(dvsone @ Feb 20 2007, 10:31 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure the 360 version is going to be wireless, wouldn't you prefer that?

Unfortunately it's not going to be released with a wireless guitar. Microsoft is being pretty tight lipped with their wireless technology and did let Red Octane develop a wireless guitar.

I'm sure there will be a wireless guitar eventually though.

#9 liquidhaste

liquidhaste

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

Just to let you guys know, i have the XFPS360 and a ps2 guitar and the new guitar hero 2 for 360 and its doesnt work. The buttons are mapped differently like on the guitar you press green and the blue lights up on the screen, plus the strum doesnt work, plus the only way it even lets you attempt to use it, is because they allow you to use a regular controller to play it on the 360, the guitar shows up to the game as a reg 360 controlller. so unfortunatly its a no go

#10 fatal_err0r

fatal_err0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:03 AM

I can confirm as well, it does not work.All the frets are mapped differently, also I'm unable to re-map the frets via the xfps and wired controller.Well at least my Tekken Arcade stick still works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users