• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sp3ctat0r

Sp3ctat0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

Hi. I just bought a new samsung ms25 drive and i want to flash it with a key from previous drive (i have the key). How can i do that, and can i use any motherboard with sata to do that. I ask because for flashing drive to read backup games there is needed specific motherboard with specific chipset and sata. Thanks

#2 ntmonkey

ntmonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Sp3ctat0r @ Feb 21 2007, 08:18 AM) View Post

Hi. I just bought a new samsung ms25 drive and i want to flash it with a key from previous drive (i have the key). How can i do that, and can i use any motherboard with sata to do that. I ask because for flashing drive to read backup games there is needed specific motherboard with specific chipset and sata. Thanks

I'm in the same boat..did you find out how to to do this? Please let me know....

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

Moved to a more appopriate forum.

#4 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

What drive did you have previously?

If you had a hitachi, there is a tutorial that I wrote, which you can find in the pinned thread (Important Links/Tutorials or something like that). It is called using a Samsung with a Hitachi Motherboard.

If you had a samsung, you can just flash your old xtreme firmware from your other drive and it will work fine. If you only have your orig.bin from your old drive, make a new xtreme firmware with that and flash it to the drive. If you only have the key, inject it with a hex editor or with 360 Firmware Toolbox but make sure the version is the same as your old drive.

Caster.

Edited by caster420, 21 February 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#5 Sp3ctat0r

Sp3ctat0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE(caster420 @ Feb 21 2007, 05:55 PM) View Post

What drive did you have previously?

If you had a hitachi, there is a tutorial that I wrote, which you can find in the pinned thread (Important Links/Tutorials or something like that). It is called using a Samsung with a Hitachi Motherboard.

If you had a samsung, you can just flash your old xtreme firmware from your other drive and it will work fine. If you only have your orig.bin from your old drive, make a new xtreme firmware with that and flash it to the drive. If you only have the key, inject it with a hex editor or with 360 Firmware Toolbox but make sure the version is the same as your old drive.

Caster.

Thanks, previously i had a hitachi drive, but what about sata drivers and motherboards? Do they have to be specific ones or i can use any sata-compatible motherboard?

Edited by Sp3ctat0r, 22 February 2007 - 06:09 AM.

#6 pookmish

pookmish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

certain sata mobos will work if your lucky. if you are unlucky get a via card and it works perfectly every time. read the textbook and it will tell you more about sata mobos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users