1 reply to this topic

#1 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

My friend gave me a smartxx v2 chip, it had been quicksoldered into his xbox. He took it out, and it looks like it's in decent shape. I tested it out in my xbox, i just pulled out my xenium (installed via pinheader) and put the smartxx in it's place, but it frags, both leds on the chip are on solid as it frags. All the connections are good, cause the xenium works flawlessly. I know you are supposed to solder two pads together when using quicksolder, but those two pads aren't connected, so that's not causing the problem. My friend said the chip never worked, but i think it's because he quicksoldered it and didn't connect the pads. He also says he thinks, but isn't sure, he might have put it in backwards. I'm hoping someone here can help me fix it, he also gave me an lcd screen that goes with it, and i'd like to use it, but it's not compatible with my xenium gold, at least as far as i know. If anyone can tell me how to hook up a CFAH2004A-TMI-JP to a xenium, than i don't need to worry about the smartxx.

#2 xboxbman

xboxbman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

edit:

it's a v1.2 btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users