4 replies to this topic

#1 slmz00

slmz00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

Hello 360 community,

I've read alot of posts and the "dummies" guide to flashing, but see no mention of this. I have a Samasung DVD drive with a MFG date of 06 jan 06 printed on the inside guts. I've modded my 360 with custom plexiglass work and hastily removed the 2 labels on the dvd shell. That aside, Excellent community here with tons of knowledge!!

pre-Thanks
Slmz00

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

99.9% sure it's a ms28 since it's a Sammy and the date code is past April 06 (when the ms28 drives began). Worst that could happen is you get e66, but as long as you set it to report the correct FW version (either ms25 or 28 and it should be ms28) you won't have a problem.

EDIT: Also so you don't forget in the future you should create a folder "my msXX orig FW" and keep your original dumps in there and by the folder title you will always know which FW it is. I do this for customers units to help keep track of which drives each person has and when they have more than one it's much easier to tell which is which (as long as the FW versions are different).

Edited by cerealkillajme, 21 February 2007 - 04:50 PM.

#3 slmz00

slmz00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:53 PM

Thats got to be a world record for response time!!! Awesome!

Thanks I'll try..
Slmz00

#4 liq456

liq456

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:47 AM

go here this may help
http://www.360drives.com/list

#5 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(slmz00 @ Feb 21 2007, 07:52 AM) View Post

Hello 360 community,

I've read alot of posts and the "dummies" guide to flashing, but see no mention of this. I have a Samasung DVD drive with a MFG date of 06 jan 06 printed on the inside guts. I've modded my 360 with custom plexiglass work and hastily removed the 2 labels on the dvd shell. That aside, Excellent community here with tons of knowledge!!

pre-Thanks
Slmz00

the date that really matters is the console mfg date(not the dvd drive date) uhh.gif

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Feb 21 2007, 07:55 AM) View Post

99.9% sure it's a ms28 since it's a Sammy and the date code is past April 06 (when the ms28 drives began). Worst that could happen is you get e66, but as long as you set it to report the correct FW version (either ms25 or 28 and it should be ms28) you won't have a problem.

EDIT: Also so you don't forget in the future you should create a folder "my msXX orig FW" and keep your original dumps in there and by the folder title you will always know which FW it is. I do this for customers units to help keep track of which drives each person has and when they have more than one it's much easier to tell which is which (as long as the FW versions are different).

ummm, you can easily tell which drive and fw you have in your console by dumping it and then using fwtoolbox to tell you what you have blink.gif

it is an extra step to do this instead of simply guessing which drive you have, but it is worth doing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users