X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(SMuT @ Feb 26 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

how'd u get the pictures to show up for the videos, and how do u assign custom thumbnails to music folders?

Place your picture in the folder and name it folder.jpg

#32 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:29 PM

I don't even know what that meant (prolly cause I was starting to take over this thread), but you made a on the end so I know it's cool

Actually for some odd reason at that time I thought you were the one behind this thread (creator of the skin), so i was just complimenting the skin using your name, then afterwards i realized its not your skin and i just looked wierd!

biggrin.gif

#33 gottastopdrinkin

gottastopdrinkin

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Feb 26 2007, 12:36 PM) View Post

Actually for some odd reason at that time I thought you were the one behind this thread (creator of the skin), so i was just complimenting the skin using your name, then afterwards i realized its not your skin and i just looked wierd!

biggrin.gif

Thats funny.
All credit of course goes to fluidman and Abe87. wink.gif

Edited by gottastopdrinkin, 26 February 2007 - 03:36 PM.

#34 fluidman

fluidman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

LOL, that is really funny.

Well, Abe has been sick the last 2 days, we should be releasing an update pretty soon, which will have some more features and a bunch of bug fixes.

I am working on some colored Themes at the moment, so you can expect them soon as well.

#35 zaqw

zaqw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hi Fluidman/Abe87,

Great work, Slate is the only skin that has all the options I want for a skin, with a smooth flow and a good layout.

2 quick questions:

1. How do you get to the shutdown menu?
2. Any idea when next update is coming out

Thanks,
Zaq

#36 Abe87

Abe87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

To get to the shutdown menu click the right thumbstick. As for an update, we are planning on releasing an updated version of Slate on Monday. So check back tomorrow for updated info.

Glad you like the skin. Hopefully you will like the bug fixes and additions that we have made.

#37 zaqw

zaqw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Abe87 @ Mar 4 2007, 03:55 PM) View Post

To get to the shutdown menu click the right thumbstick. As for an update, we are planning on releasing an updated version of Slate on Monday. So check back tomorrow for updated info.

Glad you like the skin. Hopefully you will like the bug fixes and additions that we have made.

How about if using the dvd remote? I got around it by using the keymap.xml and adding <zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</zero>, but I think there should be a way to access it otherwise.

I look for to the update. Thanks for a great skin

#38 ninjamawwe

ninjamawwe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

I was going to try this great looking skin, but it it just greyed out under select skin in xbmc, I'm running 03/03/07 tech build. Any thoughts on how to solve this?

*offtopic* when wathing video, pressing the white button brings up time remaining etc...but how do I "fill" the frame thats showing some cds? ( i assume it's a placeholder for the cover of the movie).

This skin looks great can't wait to try it out smile.gif

#39 Abe87

Abe87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

A new version of Slate is now available. http://teamaf.fluidb...a.de/index.html

We have done a lot of bug fixing and added some more features. Thanks to everyone that has submitted bug reports.

We have included buttons in the skin to launch these scripts Accuweather, Apple Movie Trailers, and XBMC Lyrics. These buttons have to be enabled in the skin settings section first. We have also included a skin version checker. This can be found in the other otpions in skin settings. This is a modified version of Donno's Skin Version Checker. Thanks for allowing us to use this great script Donno.

We have also included a Translate.xml for all of the custom labels that we use in the skin. We are providing an english version with the skin but you can download a german version from our website. If anyone would like to translate this file to other languages that would be great. We have more info on our website.

We have included new options in skin settings. Please be sure to check them out.

Please report any bugs that you find here in the thread. Also, if you have suggestions or comments we would love to hear them.

#40 zaqw

zaqw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:36 AM

Hi Abe87,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the new version on your site. The download I find is for Slate.Beta.0.80.rar which is the old one. I have compared the files and it is identical to the old one. Can you please point me in the right direction to new version.

Thanks,
Zaq

#41 Tickethead

Tickethead

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:23 AM

Clean your glasses off.... tongue.gif

Direct Link to Updated Skin

This skin is awesome guys! Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

#42 zaqw

zaqw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(Tickethead @ Mar 5 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post

Clean your glasses off.... tongue.gif

Direct Link to Updated Skin

This skin is awesome guys! Keep up the good work!
Cheers!

Thanks for the link, it works, but where did you find it???

#43 Abe87

Abe87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:49 AM

zaqw the download for the new version is in the skin section of the website. It seems to be working fine for everyone else so I don't know what is going on for you.

I also hope you get to check it out. I added a skin setting for you and the other remote users out there. There is now an option in the home options section to enable the shutdown menu button in the home screen.

I'm interested to your thoughts on the improvements to the skin.

#44 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(Abe87 @ Mar 5 2007, 06:56 PM) View Post

zaqw the download for the new version is in the skin section of the website. It seems to be working fine for everyone else so I don't know what is going on for you.

I also hope you get to check it out. I added a skin setting for you and the other remote users out there. There is now an option in the home options section to enable the shutdown menu button in the home screen.

I'm interested to your thoughts on the improvements to the skin.

Not quite everyone else... I just looked there, and it's still showing 0.80 for me. Direct link worked for me though. There must be some caching going on somewhere (I did do a Ctrl-F5, did not fix it... maybe my ISP is feeding me a cached copy of the page?).

BTW, this will be my first look at this skin. Will take a lot to drag me away from MC360 (really like it), but the screenshots do look good. smile.gif

#45 fluidman

fluidman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(JoeUser38 @ Mar 6 2007, 06:58 AM) View Post

Not quite everyone else... I just looked there, and it's still showing 0.80 for me. Direct link worked for me though. There must be some caching going on somewhere (I did do a Ctrl-F5, did not fix it... maybe my ISP is feeding me a cached copy of the page?).

i was just going to ask if you had been visiting the site before the update. but i checked all the links on the site, they do link to the 0.81. Does the skin page tell you that its 0.81 and just link to the 0.80 or does it not say anything about 0.81 at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users