• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ledzep13321

ledzep13321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

ok..i have an xbox one and i want to swap out the stock 10GB hard drive for a 120GB one ( ive checked and the one i want IS lockable)... my current one is messed, up (i put the wrong files on the C: drive and get error 21; it doesnt boot the dash and no FTP...still plays games, though) but i dont care because i want to upgrade it anyway.. My question is.. can i just get a copy of all the files on my friends softmodded xbox C: drive (and/ or E: drive) and put my new blank 120 gb hard drive in my computer, and transfer a copy of his files to it?

Also, ive read some things where you need to change a bunch of things in some readme file if you want to uprade hard drives. Is there some kind of program or file that can do this for me?

Ive also seen this unleashx boot cd thing and am wondering if that can work for softmod?? Please clarify, because id really, really like to have both EvoX and XBMC (and possibly avalaunch) and switch between them.

Some1 that know a lot about this stuff, please clarify this.. sry for being such a newb and thanks in advance for any help. unsure.gif (also...i have the samsung drive...if that helps at all...

Edited by ledzep13321, 21 February 2007 - 11:08 PM.

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:10 PM

you need xbox 1 newbie wink.gif ,
rgds,soso

#3 prezzy

prezzy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:16 PM

think you need the xbox1 forum!

:edit: ah soso you beat me to it

Edited by prezzy, 21 February 2007 - 11:16 PM.

#4 Jake_Biggs

Jake_Biggs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Interesting Stuff
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:38 PM

Here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263

This can restore your old drive, allowing you to get your eeprom if you dont have it for upgrading HDDs. everything you need is there.

#5 ledzep13321

ledzep13321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:49 PM

is there any way to do all this without hot swapping? i really, really dont want to do that, as i get very nervous about stuff like that and people say that confidence is like 80% of preforming a sucessful hotswap. i really do not want to screw up my computer. i mean, ill put a new 120GB computer harddrive in my computer, but i really just want to do without the xbox one...

... also, im very ,very, very confused as to what order to do all this stuff.... i keep getting bombarded with guides and stuff that assume noobs know what order to do stuff and what is required to do certain things.... can any1 write out a simple step- by -step overview of what to do to upgrade my harddrive, softmod it and put on both XBMC and EvoX?

or if possible, i want to put the new harddrive in with the standard dash and only factory files on it. (dont know if this is possible...)

#6 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

You will need to hotswap unless

A. you have a copy of your eeprom backed up on to your PC
or
B. the original game save exploit is still on the hdd and you can boot the game and load the save.

You cant use a boot disk with a softmod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users