5 replies to this topic

#1 korbes

korbes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hi guys,
I did searchs on this site before posting this but I still have some questions. Someone softmodded my xbox with splintercell a while ago. I could run an old version of xbmc. But last week The menu's on xbmc dissapeared so I couldn't read anything where to navigate. By menu's I mean "picture" movies" '"settings"etc. All the tekst you normally see on xbmc disappeared.
And first I didn't know about Slayers installer so I hooked my softmodded retail hd to my PC and used xboxhdm. After messing everything up and formatting my drive I managed to have only evox on my xbox now. I can boot backups now again but I want to install more. NOw my question is can i use Slayers Auto installer v2.6 and then choose mode "3b1) Full Install/Rebuld retail HD"? Or do I have to choose another option like say: "4a1 Install/Upgrade xbmc evox and apps all on F:" And if it installs everything on F: My evox can't dual boot and can't navigate to hd. So will I be able to boot the new xbmc and evox?
I read an old post on this forum of some guy that installed everything on his softmodded box with slayers 2.6. But he didn't say which option to choose. And some where else I read that Rebuilding your hd on a softmodden box will fuck everything up?
Any one know which option I have to choose?

Help will truely be appreciated

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Slayers isn't for softmods!!!

You can use CASH v1.1 instead. As long as your not softmodded with Ndure or Knave you can just easily wipe C and E and CASH will fresh files and let you install the softmod afterwards. Just click the link in my sig and the 2nd post contains links for the manuals, you can read over it and get an idea of how to use it.

#3 korbes

korbes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

Ok thanks,

I read the manual and this looks very nice.
Only you have to choose different options if you're modded with ndure 1.0 or ndure1.1 or 1.1.1. But all I know that my box boots evox and I don't know which version I have. Maybe it is even not a ndur mod.
But an old one?
I just used xboxhdm.
Do you know which option I have to choose? and where can I get Cash v1.1. The "usual places"?

Edited by korbes, 22 February 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

If you used a UXE based softmod with XBOXHDM then CASH will work fine. If you used Ndure installer for XBOXHDM then I'd recommend using Ndure toolset and disable the virtual C before continuing. Just be sure to have a copy of your eeprom on your PC incase anything goes wrong, that way it can be fixed via XBOXHDM if you need to.

Since you know how to use XBOXHDM then you could also rebuild the drive that way also.

#5 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

i would just get slayers so u can extract the mddash 5960 from it and put it on the XBoxHDM cd.... then just wipe C clean (manually delete files) and then transfer the msdash files back onto C like normall then run the "ndure 3.0" from the xboxhdm cd from the "xbrowser" and it will install the softmod and once it;s done (roughly takes 15minutes ish on my old 500celeron pc) u can reassemble xbox and thats that.

just download ndure 3.0 from the usual places as this works with xboxhdm.

NOTE: i strongly recommend you backup your EEPROM once the softmod is done... so if anything where to happen you can fix the xbox (like carealkillajme said) ... cause im pretty sure if u where to accidentally "unlock" the xbox with xboxhdm and did not have a eeprom backup... im pretty sure your screwed for the most part and only way to fix after this would be the modchip route.

Edited by ThaCrip, 23 February 2007 - 12:50 AM.

#6 korbes

korbes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ok thanks alot guys,
I manage to install eveything correctly, all aps. etc.
Only 1 question left.
I used to be able to navigat to the original ms dashboard from my old xbmc. But now I have the newer xbmc and I can't go to my orig. msdash?
Isn't msdash installed or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users