Photo

Windows Won't Recognize Hitachi Drive. Please Help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xlinkx

xlinkx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

I have a hitachi 59dj drive with a connectivity kit but windows won't recognize the drive. I've modded a few hitachi drive with this kit. This is the second drive that I have problems with. I've tried slax cd and 2 connectivity kits (xeno, xecuter) but windows still doesn't pick up. It seems like windows only recognize some hitachi drives. I have a VT 6421 card and onboard VT 8237 chipset. Can someone help me out???

Edited by xlinkx, 24 February 2007 - 12:43 AM.

#2 DrPepper777

DrPepper777

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:23 PM

There no reason why the drive shouldnt show up in windows you doing all correct the only thing could try is find another PC that has sata ports see how that goes or try different versions of the slax cd new and old.

#3 stratman71

stratman71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

I had a hitachi 46 that i got into modeB and flashed in windows no prob on my 8237 chipset, but everytime I try to boot to windows with my 59dj in modeB, I get a windows bluescreen before the flashing bar boot screen. Gonna try Safemode next time I open the 360.

Assuming your bios recognizes the sata drive, and windows has the sata drivers already installed from your previous flash jobs, and that its not showing up in the hardware tab where you can poplulate the volume, I would look next to the IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS dev manager tab and check that the driver hasnt reverted back since your last attempt.

I read a lot of peeps use "via pata/sata ide package v1.60a" for that drive. or "via v-raid drivers v5.40a"

( this reply just meant to stir up some ideas, not neces. solve the issue)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users