Crosseyes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:11 AM

So, I had Error 16 on My HD. I found a Tutorial. I downloading Xplorer and the MS dash files. I was fully prepared for my E16 fix when I went to get my 'box out of the shop. I think this dude was like high or something...I opened up the xbox that was UNDER MY NAME, he had it labeled for me and everything. As soon as I was inside it, something was wrong. I no longer had a thompson drive, I now had a Samsung (I guess an improvement) but "my" harddrive now had a different code that I was completely unprepared for.

I checked, and it's too late to go back. My "new" error code is 6. I looked it up. Locked harddrive. So...currently have my harddrive hooked up to my computers slave drive, but Xplorer cannot detect it. I even tried connecting it RIGHT before the error message, using the pause/break method. Nothing. Common sense would tell me that the computer isn't reading it because it's locked. My xbox is softmodded, so the Slayers disc is out of the question. I know how to use the eeprom tools to get my xbox synced with my HDD, But I need to get in it first tongue.gif. So....is it possible to get in this HD? At all? Maybe?

Any help is much appreciated. I still have the service reciept, so if it's not possible I may be able to work something out tommorow.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

Common sense should tell you to go straight back to the repairer who has quite obviously swapped out parts of your console with faulty ones.

#3 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

Well, I tried that and the stoner wouldn't let me get my parts back without the serial numbers that he failed to give me after he jacked the parts out of it. We're going to try to sort this out when we can but...for now.....I saw a thread earlier. Apparently someone else locked their HD, and someone else reccomended that they just boot up the softmod game they used and use the exploit...but....for that I belive I would need access to my HD for the exploit save...right? My xbox CAN coldboot discs.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

If you can cold boot the game, try to load the exploit. If that doesn't work, follow Chancer's advice and get it back to the shop.

You can try to build a Xboxhdm CD and use option 4 to go to the DOS prompt. Use ATAPWD to type in the master password of XBOXSCENE or TEAMASSEMBLY to unlock the drive.

#5 Crosseyes

Crosseyes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:24 AM

Hmm...sounds doable. Yeh...maybe a download link? And do say xbins, I've looked.

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Xboxhdm plus a lot of other applications are available from the main page.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

Well, I tried that and the stoner wouldn't let me get my parts back without the serial numbers that he failed to give me after he jacked the parts out of it.

Be more assertive with him. If he swapped out the HDD for an error 6 one and it is a standard drive it is no use to you at all so you will need a new HDD and a modchip as you don't have the eeprom.
Hotswapping will not help with an error 6 nor will you be able to copy anything to the drive.

Edited by Chancer, 25 February 2007 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users