3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

Sorry if this is in the wrong place... couldn't find a "feature request" area. Anyways, it's "kind of" a bug.

I don't know if this is something that can be done in the skin, or if it would need to be added in XBMC, but in the area where it says "Open Tray", "Close Tray", "Play DVD", etc, I would like to see the name of the disk inserted. BTW, I call this a "bug" because if you put in an Xbox game, it says "Play: DVD", not even telling you there is a game on the DVD, not a movie.

Say you put in "Lego Star Wars II"... have it say "Play Game: Lego Star Wars II". Put in a movie, have it do an online search, and say something like "Play DVD: The Prestige" (right now, it says "Play: PREONNW1", using the volume label of the DVD). Put in a CD, have it do an online search, and say something like "Play CD: Beyonce/Dangerously In Love". If the online search fails, have it show the volume label for the DVD, and the CD Text for the CD, if available.

This would greatly help those of of us who are too lazy to label our disks (ok, I'm not that bad, but I have a few lying around...). The CD Text support would be very nice for my own CD compilations (where obviously a search would do no good).

So, is this possible, or would there have to be changes made to XBMC to do it?

Edited by JoeUser38, 25 February 2007 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

All XBMC requests, nothing to do with MC360.

#3 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Feb 25 2007, 07:41 AM) View Post

I half-suspected as much... wasn't sure if the required information was available for your use or not. I had hoped that XBMC would at least get the title of an Xbox game for you when you insert a disk.

#4 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Feb 25 2007, 07:41 AM) View Post

For anyone interested, a bit of an update to this... I noticed that a recent change in the SVN of XBMC added setting the volume label to the name of the game for inserted Xbox disks. This means the next T3CH release should have it. A request was made for the rest (who knows, might see some of it later, if they like the idea).

Edited by JoeUser38, 08 March 2007 - 03:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users