1 reply to this topic

#1 kaldek

kaldek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

Hey folks,

My chipped Xbox is set up in 480p HD widescreen mode, so it's obviously using NTSC (since there is no PAL HDTV support on Xbox 1). I have a PAL copy of Forza Motorsport, and my lap times are all messed up. For example, If I'm watching the clock as I cross the line, it may say "1:40" but after I have crossed the last lap time will report as "1:45". Also I can win a point-to-point race but my own laptime will be listed as *slower* than the guy who came second.

So, I can only assume this is because the game is using the *expected* number of frames per second to calculate my lap times. Since NTSC is effectively 60 frames per second and PAL is 50 frames per second, it counts that more frames have elapsed than it is programmed to see, and hence shows wrong lap times. Or something like that anyway. Am I right?

So aside from buying an NTSC copy of Forza...is there something I can hack in the game directory on my HDD if indeed this is a PAL/NTSC problem?

#2 kaldek

kaldek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

Geez, I am such a muppet.

I've worked out why my lap times are "all wrong". It's because of the penalty time from getting your wheels into the dirt. I didn't know that it added time to your lap, and that when you're in the dirt it counts at twice speed!

Now I just wish I could turn it off, because I'm having time trials against mates on their PS2 using GT4, and they spend all their time shortcutting corners!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users