7 replies to this topic

#1 qyf

qyf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 01:43 PM

at the risk of bein flamed...

I have search the forum archives for ps1 and psx.. it would seem that if there is a good ps1 emulator for the pc, there could be a port to the xbox..

I know all the b-shit going around now about the ps2, but forgetting that for now.. was there a reason for no ps1?

wink.gif blink.gif

#2 ^^^Maximus^^^

^^^Maximus^^^

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:24 PM

I was wondering about that too. It would be kick ass if a PS1 emu came to Xbox.

#3 LiquidZero

LiquidZero

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 02:54 AM

There's no reason they shouldn't be able to do it. Someone just needs bleem source smile.gif

#4 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 04:03 AM

AdriPSX seems to run fine (though the eye of the developer seems to be on compatibility and accuracy, not speed). It's open source, and all that good stuff. Even though speed isn't it's strong point, it seems to run at a decent rate anyhow. The only gripe I'd have is memory card support is limited.
Go to http://adripsx.psxemu.com/ to check it out. Seems worth a look, and maybe a devver would like to take a crack at porting it... who knows.

#5 plehem12

plehem12

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 September 2002 - 04:45 AM

wasnt the source for a ps1 emu for xbox released a while ago, and i read a while ago that the X-ecuter team was working on the ps1 emu. maybe it was a dream...

#6 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 07:46 AM

I looked for awhile for a PSX emulator on the XBox, and never found one. Do you remember the name of the PSX emulator that was released for the XBox?
I'd hope the X-Ecuter team would release a PSX emulator, but they've seemed to have slowed most of the development on their software.... DVD-X v2.0 is the last thing they released (that was about a month and a half ago). Don't hold your breath, but I'd be tickled to get that emulator myself.

#7 alee132

alee132

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:04 PM

If the x-ecuter team is still working on it, then they sure as hell are secretive about their project, it would be nice to hear there is some progress going on. I want to play some psx games on my xbox sad.gif

#8 dkoikadabra

dkoikadabra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 08:13 PM

Well, I'll bet ten bucks that they're bitter about the current state of the scene... the last advantage that the X-Ecuter had, ease of installation, is now superseded by the Xodus. I'll bet another ten bucks that they'll shut down again, and pop up as another group... again. They don't seem to take the bottom of the hill (compared to the top of it) all that well, if you catch my drift.
Last I heard of 'em doing anything with, well, anything, was stating that to get around the 'V2' XBox protection(s), it'd be a small hack that 'they had but are working out the bugs'. In other words, another effort from them to gain status in a community that's just about forgotten about 'em.
I wish 'em luck, but like I said, they don't take bumps in the road well (I still remember the whole "X-Ecuter is superior, all other modchips are inferior" line).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users