• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carnage1031

carnage1031

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

Im a total noob... well.. my question is... can i install ndure(softmod) on my moded xbox(duo x3)?

how can i remove the mod-chip from my xbox? because i like more the softmod than the hardmod.. =(
please help me...

#2 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Yes. I'm not sure why you want to do this, but...

FTP the softmod gamesave over to your Xbox BEFORE you remove the chip. Easier than using an Action Replay.

Then desolder the chip. The pinheader will be difficult to remove; I believe you can leave it in there if you want. The box won't even try to boot from the LPC unless the D0 is grounded, and if you desolder everything else then it won't be.

Finally, boot up your exploitable game of choice and install the softmod.

Frankly, I don't know WHY anyone would prefer a softmod to a chip. Softmod requires a locked HDD, and it is somewhat more difficult to install a larger HDD. And once you have the chip, why not keep it?

But that's just my 2 cents...

#3 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:25 PM

You can use CASH v1.1 to turn a chipped box into a softmodded box. Just click the link in my sig and read post #11. wink.gif

Greenday is correct that you can remove the chip and leave the pinheader in by itself. I would remove all the other wiring/connections though so you don't have to worry about a wire hitting ground and shorting the box out or anything.

#4 jimbobjim

jimbobjim

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Sniffing farts under the covers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

You don't need to remove the chip at all. Just flash it with a retail kernel, making sure you pick the correct kernel number for your system.
I have my softmod booting this way so i can use my lcd screen.

#5 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(carnage1031 @ Feb 26 2007, 01:12 PM) View Post

Im a total noob... well.. my question is... can i install ndure(softmod) on my moded xbox(duo x3)?

how can i remove the mod-chip from my xbox? because i like more the softmod than the hardmod.. =(
please help me...

WHY would you want to do this? ... as a modchip is just flat out better than a softmod cause it's easier to fix problems if something goes wrong wink.gif ... only reason you would want a softmod is cause it's 100percent free but since u already have a modchip theres no need to do this.

if you still want to do it just check out other peoples posts wink.gif

#6 carnage1031

carnage1031

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:38 PM

thanks for the help guys... what im going to do now is to try whatever you had just told me to do... happy.gif thanks a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users