Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

Schtrom360Xtract v3.2
Posted by XanTium | February 26 15:58 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

Schtrom released a new version of Schtrom360Xtract(info), a tool that will allow you to easily dump Xbox/Xbox360 gamedata, extract/patch the Security Sectors, PFI and DMI and fully prepare the image for burning in 1 step.

What's new/fixed:
* extraction speed up, caused by increasing the block size extracted in one loop from 16 to 32 sectors, the following applies for XBOX360 discs extracted with "whole disc (stealth xtreme 3.0)" style extraction
-on the SH-D162C extraction at 16x speed takes 08:33 minutes, V3.1 09:58 minutes
-on the TS-H943A extraction at 12x speed takes 15:03 minutes, V3.1 16:20 minutes
* images have the iso extension
* predefined filter values for file dialogs removed, you can choose any file (*.*)
* removed annoying message boxes on cancel file dialogs
* titles of predefined custom cdb commands are now listed in ini file order
* options for block and single sector re-reads set to 20 as default, sector mapping for XBOX1 is turned on as default
* DeviceIoControl is now checked for returned status and the returned sense from the drive, this should give better error detection
* fixed Star Trek Legacy and Fusion Frenzy 2 issue, the sizes of video and game partition are now calculated from the pfi and the alternative pfi in the ss, this should give a working image on future games with a different video or game partition size
* options dialog now remembers the last active drive and disc type
* check for NTFS file system on file extractions greater 4 GBs
* any DVD-ROM drive is now displayed in the drive combo box
* extraction of backup discs supported on kreon's drives and normal DVD-ROM drive
* on the TS-H943A backup extraction is not possible, cause the drive disables 0800 mode on insertion of a backup disc at least for me

Official Site: n/a, by Schtrom
Download: here
News-Source: xbins.org

#2 R-Dawggy Dawg

R-Dawggy Dawg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

Keep up the good work.... now about that Hitachi Stealth.......

#3 LaMuerteNYC

LaMuerteNYC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

T H A N K S ! ! !

You guys keep the scene going and deserve props smile.gif smile.gif

#4 donspidy

donspidy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:33 AM

hi.. thanks a lot for the update i like this app is the best for me thanks... biggrin.gif

#5 IPhoenix

IPhoenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:33 AM

Hi, used your program long ago when it was in it infancy and I wanna give you major props for dev'ing it. I'm just curious tho, i see that you and redline collaborated on his XBC, is there a reason why you two don't merge your programs? The two seem pretty similar now aside from the added bonus of being able to burn the image with XBC.

once again, thanks for this awesome program.

#6 Schtrom

Schtrom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(IPhoenix @ Feb 27 2007, 04:40 AM) View Post

Hi, used your program long ago when it was in it infancy and I wanna give you major props for dev'ing it. I'm just curious tho, i see that you and redline collaborated on his XBC, is there a reason why you two don't merge your programs? The two seem pretty similar now aside from the added bonus of being able to burn the image with XBC.

once again, thanks for this awesome program.

First thanks to you all for the positive feedback and sorry you had to wait for this one so long. The testing took much time on this one, cause Red and I had to support so much features, drives and discs. One test takes more than 30 minutes, cause we do complete binary compares of the extracted images to make sure nothing is corrupted.

The answer is pretty easy. His app is developed with VB and mine is MFC. I really don't have any clue on VB. In addition I think it is better to have two apps out, cause if some people experience probs with one there is the possibility to get it done with the other. I think this has helped a lot of poeple in the past.

To be honest I don't wanna pollute Red's clean XBC code with mine... biggrin.gif

#7 billynomates

billynomates

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

i agree two apps is always better than one wink.gif and while im here thanks schtrom cool.gif

if both of you guys need some help beta testing sort of speak in the future let me know i would be happy to help out ..of course if needs be ... biggrin.gif

thanks

#8 sadalius

sadalius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

Yeah Schtrom, you and Redline deserve the props! Many thanks and I also would be glad to help out with testing and such.

#9 IPhoenix

IPhoenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

i guess two programs are better than one :-). I'm just glad that you two are sharing knowledge and collaborating... i love this scene.

now if i could just get my hands on that darn SH-D162C.. without paying 50 bux for it. i can't believe none of the local shops carry this dvd drive. .. it's a pain to keep opening up the 360

#10 h0nk3yt0nk

h0nk3yt0nk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Hi Schtrom,

I'd also like to thank you for your time, efforts, and app!!

I upgraded to XBC2.4 and it unfortunately stopped working for me.

Without your app, I'd be SOL!

Regards,

-h0nk3yt0nk

#11 Schtrom

Schtrom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(h0nk3yt0nk @ Feb 28 2007, 04:13 AM) View Post

Hi Schtrom,

I'd also like to thank you for your time, efforts, and app!!

I upgraded to XBC2.4 and it unfortunately stopped working for me.

Without your app, I'd be SOL!

Regards,

-h0nk3yt0nk

What's not working in XBC? I would like to notify Red about that, so he can fix it.

#12 woody1218

woody1218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Schtrom @ Feb 27 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post

First thanks to you all for the positive feedback and sorry you had to wait for this one so long. The testing took much time on this one, cause Red and I had to support so much features, drives and discs. One test takes more than 30 minutes, cause we do complete binary compares of the extracted images to make sure nothing is corrupted.

The answer is pretty easy. His app is developed with VB and mine is MFC. I really don't have any clue on VB. In addition I think it is better to have two apps out, cause if some people experience probs with one there is the possibility to get it done with the other. I think this has helped a lot of poeple in the past.

To be honest I don't wanna pollute Red's clean XBC code with mine... biggrin.gif

Schtrom,

You are absolutely correct... When you have 2 people, with great apps. Both working towards the same results. It seems only logical to work together and combine them.

But the reality is that it actually works better for the end users like myself. When one app seems to run into a problem the other seems to run right over it! Which works for me!

Both Apps are fantastic ! You have no idea how much I appreciate them!
Keep up the great work!

#13 xboxconfused

xboxconfused

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

This program works great too. I had a problem backing up one of my games using XBCr.... I downloaded and used this Schtrom program and it sailed right thru the problem that XBC had...
I just wanted to thank you and Redline for making such great programs....

Thanks.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users