X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:38 PM

Can I Upgrade from 1.50

Can I Downgrade back to 1.50(persay i don't favor it)

Can I Play Online Games and Pass the DNAS certification

Does it Support DAX an CSO Compression

Is there any Sony Implemented Features Removed

I herd of some bugs with some language files, but i think thats just the chinease an japanease ones right

Edited by Casper1786, 26 February 2007 - 11:40 PM.

#2 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

yes, not can you update from 1.5, you have to update from 1.5. if you dont like 3.10oe-a, you just put the recovery files to go back to 1.5 in the recovery folder. im almost 100% positive you can play online. and i think it support DAX and CSO. there are no features removed. and the english language file is untouched. no issues what so ever. personally, i use 3.03 oe-c because i wanted to have a completely customized xmb (icons, waves, back ground, font, etc etc). you can do all the icons on 3.10 oe-a. so good luck, id say there is no reason on not to update.

#3 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:35 AM

ok i installed 3.10-OE-A but can't install the a2(OE-A') update i get this errerror

The game could not be started.
(80020148)

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:12 AM

IIRC, only CSO is supported, not DAX.

When you update, the update EBOOT needs to run in 1.50 kernel mode. If you are using default settings, this will be in /PSP/GAME150 and not int the usual /PSP/GAME folder. You can change this behavior in the recovery menu (hold R while cold-booting).

#5 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:29 AM

ya i just figured out the update thing and just finished doin it, running games from my stick like GTA LCS Runs so much smoother now then 1.50>Devhook v0.52.0100>3.11 to much back an forth shit this is so much more clean, swapping sticks in devhook was somtimes touchy, i had to setup devhook exactly the same on each stick if i didn't wanna exit devhook to swap sticks, was gay and annoying

#6 kNeo_gHau

kNeo_gHau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

I was a bit hesitant to try custom firmware when it first came out as well, although it's just soo much easier with ISOs than messing around with Devhook and it's just as customisable. Plus you can play PS1 games as well, just makes more sense.

#7 wtoast

wtoast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:55 AM

I'm getting this error (80020148) also on 3.10 OE running on 1000K JP version
I tried Recovery to 1.5 then back to 3.02OE-> 3.03OE and back to 3.10 OE
but I still have the error and can't run ANY ISO's

I'm in the process of changing some settings but having no luck

Any Ideas?

Edited by wtoast, 02 March 2007 - 03:56 AM.

#8 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

the most useful thing i found on the error 80020148 is:

Discovered error codes:
80020130 - File Read Error (ex. length is 0)
80020001 - Generic Kernel Error - default (ex. executable is invalid)
80020148 - PRX type unsupported / Missing PSAR file
800200D9 - Failure to allocate memory block (ex. missing PSP)

If error code (80020148) "PRX type unsupported" is triggered when we have missing PSAR file, now we have confirmation that the PSAR file is an ecrypted ELF or PRX program file.

ELF/PRX files are build when using (for example) CodeWarrior and Sony GCC to compile C or C++ code.

When using the packer for ELF/PRX we will be setting additional information as BOOTABLE = 0;1 PARENTAL_LEVEL = 1;3;5... etc.
This information will be contained in the SFO, and the actual ELF/PRX will be partitioned in packets, which will be encrypted with keys, and the packets will be stored in the PSAR. The keys' code will be stored in tables in xxxx.PSP.

At runtime, the PSP loads part of the table-code and part of the executable code (encoded pack from PSAR), parses the code to the hardware decoder, the decoder recreates the key using some sort of algorithm and then uses it to decode the encrypted executable packet, and then it returns the decrypted packet to memory for the OS to execute.
(speculation)

So we know that what controls how the program executes (and where/which program executes!) is the SFO.
IF we can set a "null" code-table for the key generation in the xxx.PSP would it execute unencrypted PSAR? (which will be renamed ELF/PRX)
Or if we can get at least one key/code right with encrypting a package of the PSAR, then maybe we can "reuse" this combination for the rest of the keys/packets.
Also we know that bootable SFO will bypass some of the security restrictions, where we may be able to run code with restarting the system.
Any of this may make home-brew software possible.
(partial speculation)

If PI.WAD is encrypted (data for whipeout-expansion) could this be our first code-key? test.bin "C49AABB6E58.....etc"? which shows 128bit encryption key. (one key used for the whole 3mb of data?)
Now comes the question, is this THE key used to decrypt the file, or the decrypter takes the 128bits, converts them to a key, and then uses that key for decryption. Or is it a complete-ready-key for decryption?
(speculation)

One more question... if game-saves are encrypted, where's the KEY?
(so each game has one that uses when saving games?, hence the absence of keys in the save?)
Find the save-encr-key for some game, and edit its game-saves?
(speculation)

#9 wtoast

wtoast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:30 AM

I guess that explains WHY its happening (sorta)
But it still doesn't tell me how to fix it

Still no luck!

#10 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

make sure that your putting the iso in a folder named ISO in the root of the memory stick (sounds obvious, but i know some people who tried putting it in the game folder)

And also, i dont know if this will affect an iso running, but make sure your game folder kernel is set to 1.5 (its under configuration in recovery mode if you dont know)

hope this helps

#11 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:54 AM

i dont think u need to have your game folder kernel set to 1.5, i leave mine set on 3.10 and put all homebrew apps in GAME150 and they load just fine

#12 gorgs

gorgs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

dont think u need to have your game folder kernel set to 1.5, i leave mine set on 3.10 and put all homebrew apps in GAME150 and they load just fine
aswell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users