• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rottendodo

rottendodo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section but to me this seems to be the place.
Well for starters, I have read the replacement HDD tutorials, and the replacement DVD drive tutorials.

My modded Xbox was set up with Evox and later I installed Avalaunch, and I got it to boot up Avalaunch at the start by renaming the file Evoxdash.xbe on the f:// drive. Well, I got sick of having to go through the explorer to boot Evox so I decided to rename it back to how it started.

Now I dont know what the hell I did, but possibly I renamed it wrong and now the STOCK XBOX DASH loads. I have no way of oing back to the old dash or accessing most of the HDD. My (Samsung) DVD drive hasnt been able to read a disk for a long time, and the only way ive been able to transfer data is through FTP between comp-evox or xbox-xbox.

I want some advice on what to do next, i figured i could
somehow replace the DVD with a stock one I have lying around temporarily so I can reformat the drive and start all over, or possibly there is a botoable dashboard that will allow me to simply rename the file right again?
unplug the HDD and slave it with my comp... but I doubt there is a way to access it with Windows
plug my xbox HDD into a friends....

jeez i dunno, im F#*(&#(@&%

#2 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

You will need to burn a disc containing an auto-installer or a dashboard so you can either replace your HDD contents or FTP and rename what you need to. If CD-R doesn't work, try CD-RW or DVD.

Moving to newbie forums.

#3 rottendodo

rottendodo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

well teh DVD drive is screwed, so I really can't burn a disk, and even when it was barely working I never successfully got burned disks to work, no matter what format (+/-, R/RW, DVD/ CD). That was a drive problem as they worked fine on friends' xbox's.
As for FTP, how am I supposed to do that when I can only boot the stock Xbox dash? If somehow I can could you point me in the right direction?

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

You answered your own question earlier.

Do what you were thinking and replace the DVD drive with another one (stock is fine, all Xbox DVD drives are plug-and-play interchangable). Use that to boot a bootdisc/autoinstaller as directed and FTP into that.

Edited by Xombe, 27 February 2007 - 12:56 PM.

#5 rottendodo

rottendodo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:02 PM

yeah I figured that the FTP would be possible once the auto-installer is it (duh, Ive used an autoinstaller before) it must have slipped my mind.
When you say stock drive, I assume you mean stock Xbox drive, which I dont have lying around. I do have PC DVD drives, so Il chuck that in. I guess it will work with burnt disks but not official ones...
Thanks for the help

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

Ah, you said stock, which usually equates to "stock Xbox drive" here.

Sorry, your PC drive won't work (the way you want it to).

Edited by Xombe, 27 February 2007 - 01:15 PM.

#7 rottendodo

rottendodo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:55 AM

dammit... I might try pluggin the HDD into the computer and using one of those explorers (too bad the one I found was in french )

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:43 AM

Xplorer360 will work. You will have to unlock the drive first.

#9 xxtonymanxx

xxtonymanxx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:09 AM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users