Party Animal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:14 AM

Yes, the 3294 bios is wonderful and we can do many things with it. I have owned an X3ce chip for about a year now, and I love what it can do! I say an update which incorporates more features would be marvelous. But why is it that there has been such a great delay in the continued updating of the bios? No doubt the guys in the team xecuter forum will say that there is no need at all for an update, and say that some people are "just never satisfied".
Furthermore, flaming will occur if there are any requests to have a new bios/new features added! muhaha.gif
(believe me, I have tried) No offense to those who actually are truly trying to help out over there...more props to them!

With the X3ce bios in mind, there are still ways to improve upon it!
How about adding the ability to upload your own startup sound (instead of the default xbox one) instead of just turning it on/off. It would be pretty funny to get the win95 startup sound on there. jester.gif

Also, what about better FTP support in the BIOS?
There is currently a bug in there which does not work with the windows explorer, so we're forced to use the command-line FTP (primitive, slow, and usually 1 file at a time). Don't get me wrong, I definitely know how to use the command-line FTP, other 3rd party applications, or a "different, earlier version" of the x3 bios that works with the windows explorer...but it's a royal pain in terms of simplicity/ease of use. You can rest assured that the majority of the community will prefer the windows explorer method of dragging and dropping.

That's just what I have seen over the last several months in my experience with the X3, and my friends who also have the chip agree with me. What do you guys think?

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

i can understand what your saying although generally speaking a webbrowser SUCKS for ftp stuff... thats why it's best to use a real ftp client... me personally i recommend FlashFXP.

besides the built in features of the X3 are more or less only really good for initial setup... once u do that your better off using the ftp server built into dashboards like UnleashX or XBMC etc.

i dont have a X3 chip myself but my cousin does.... i just got a Xecuter 2.3B PRO in mine (i put it in on Aug 2004)

Edited by ThaCrip, 03 March 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#3 Party Animal

Party Animal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 3 2007, 01:20 PM) View Post

me personally i recommend FlashFXP.

besides the built in features of the X3 are more or less only really good for initial setup... once u do that your better off using the ftp server built into dashboards like UnleashX or XBMC etc.

Yep.
Whenever I install a new HDD or reformat I just load the XBE for XBMC, so then it fails to launch but starts an emergency FTP server, and I go from there. The reason I brought that up is because it's one of those fundamental things that should be fixed. Not everyone out there is as savvy as you or me, so they will prefer the simple FTP through the Windows shell. For me most of the time I would rather enter the address into one of my already opened windows instead of launching an external app...and it works just fine. but I agree with you, flashFXP is a very good app.

#4 hellknight

hellknight

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:18 AM

Honestly speaking it has been so long since I have updated my bios I have even forgotten how its done lmao but anyway to the point I really dont think Xecuter will be doing much in the xbox modding scene now that xbox 360 is out I mean I'm sure alot of ppl have noticed some attention towards the modded xbox drop since xbox 360 released(maybe it is just me) however I would love to see updates lets me know the scene isn't dying you know

#5 Party Animal

Party Animal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

Yeah that's a bummer, but hey, it's reality. The ironic part is that the support community for it on Xecuter's side is really strong, which supposedly justifies the lack of update.

#6 Party Animal

Party Animal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

I know I'm not the only one wanting to see an update!

#7 warriorcookie

warriorcookie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

I remember the one before the 3294 supposidly was the end all be all of X3 bios's, including VGA support for all versions. When it came out, all ver 6 xbox's couldn't run it. So, 3294 came out with VGA disabled. Xecuter promised the would fix vga very soon and release the new one. That was June 2005. I already cut the hole, mounted the vga connector, built the signal splitter circuit. And I'm still waiting. I don't have any intrest in getting a 360. My xbox 1 does everything I want it to do.

Anyway, just me venting. I'm with you man, the 3294 is getting old.

#8 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(Party Animal @ Apr 9 2007, 06:53 AM) View Post

I know I'm not the only one wanting to see an update!

I'm with you.
It would be nice to actually have a working password function without screwing up the Xbox. dry.gif

#9 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

Using the regular windows browser sucks....you should use FlashFXP like mentioned. It is faster and more reliable.

#10 MartinC

MartinC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(Retroplay @ May 20 2007, 12:04 AM) View Post

I'm with you.
It would be nice to actually have a working password function without screwing up the Xbox. dry.gif

Same here. I also can't chnage IP address, just resets...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users