Photo

Xb360 Samsung Drive - Whered That One Trace Wire Go?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cpmike

cpmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:59 AM

hey guys.

working on installing a globe360 and im fortunate enough to have a samsung drive that had the bios chip completely covered in glue. (has anybody seen this yet?)

im an experienced modder and dont need help otherwise, my only problem is that i messed up one of the traces and i dont know where it originally led to.

its the 5v pin on the underside of the samsung drive board, pictured below. i know where it is, but with the edited "installation diagram" i have (a piece of it shown below), i cant see where the trace leads.

does somebody have a high res scan of the samsung board?

i never got the firmware key from the drive before starting, assuming i wouldnt need it, as this modchip is a piggyback, not a flash. so with that trace broken and me not knowing where it went, i have a feeling theres no way id be able to GET the key to replace the drive.

so could i have just made my whole console useless by messing up a single pin?

IPB Image

#2 cpmike

cpmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:15 AM

sorry, im retarded. i found the video about removing the epoxy. i got it all off no problem.

now my other dilemma still stands... where did the trace go from that one point? did it go left and over to the pin of the sst chip? or did it connect to the capacitor just to the right of it? or both? also, are all of the small holes on this board used as connections from one side of the board to the other? it doesnt come out on the other side, and this board doesnt appear to be multi layered, besides the front and back.

any help would be great, so i can repair this one trace and continue with the installation.

thanks for the input.

Edited by cpmike, 03 March 2007 - 03:34 AM.

#3 cpmike

cpmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

to restate the question simply:

is this what the board used to look like, underneath the installation guide's white and green circle?

IPB Image

#4 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

i dont think theres a circle under there, but i dont see what u need help with? the 5v goes from the chip to that resistor...

#5 cpmike

cpmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

see all the other bluish circles on the board in the pic? there was one of those there, and under the blue coating is a copper trace around the hole. if all it does is go from the chip to the capacitor, thats what i need to confirm. im not sure why those holes are all over, so im not sure if its important if i bypass it with a piece of wire. is it used to connect through the board to a trace on the other side or something?

seems unimportant, but i need confirmation...

Edited by cpmike, 03 March 2007 - 09:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users