• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aaa66

aaa66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:17 AM

i just learned bout it on psp but i could only DL it no real info.
is it just a XMB replacement?
or a app.
i checked other forums, never got to what it is(saw a .jpg,looked cool)
and all i learned is u can see whats on ur memstick.

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

Its an app that can act somewhat as a XMB replacement...i dont really like it all that much, i stick with my custom XMB that i made wink.gif

#3 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

i dont really see anything special about irshell, theres not really any major advantages of using it. im pretty sure its an xmb replacement, but offers nothing else. atleast with xboxs, the replacement dashboards offered plenty more. id say just stick with custom firmware and a custom xmb (3.03 OE-C is the best for that now). i have a custom full-res background, matching waves, custom icons, custom font. etc etc.

#4 kNeo_gHau

kNeo_gHau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(o The Drizzle o @ Mar 3 2007, 06:47 PM) View Post

i dont really see anything special about irshell, theres not really any major advantages of using it. im pretty sure its an xmb replacement, but offers nothing else. atleast with xboxs, the replacement dashboards offered plenty more. id say just stick with custom firmware and a custom xmb (3.03 OE-C is the best for that now). i have a custom full-res background, matching waves, custom icons, custom font. etc etc.

Custom firmware isn't a custom XMB, unless you count the iso/cso image files appearing under "memory stick".

IRShell is an app that acts as an alternate XMB, the psp still boots up like normal and you can close irshell as well. The alarm clock and remote controll functions are really good though and it can do a lot of funky stuff. The ad-hoc wifi transfer is usefull for moving files from one PSP to another on the go, you can browse the files on the memory stick and rename/delete etc them... Worth sticking on your memory stick at any rate

#5 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(kNeo_gHau @ Mar 4 2007, 07:36 AM) View Post

Custom firmware isn't a custom XMB, unless you count the iso/cso image files appearing under "memory stick".

IRShell is an app that acts as an alternate XMB, the psp still boots up like normal and you can close irshell as well. The alarm clock and remote controll functions are really good though and it can do a lot of funky stuff. The ad-hoc wifi transfer is usefull for moving files from one PSP to another on the go, you can browse the files on the memory stick and rename/delete etc them... Worth sticking on your memory stick at any rate

The thing i have against irshell is that it takes up a bunch of space. You can get a app called PSPirDA to do transfers between psps and its around 1MB, and for a file viewer, the best thing is Filer 3.0.

The remotes are alright, but i couldnt get any of them to work if i was too far away from the tv, i had to be standing directly infront of it, and if i was around 3 feet from the tv it stopped working

Just my opinion

#6 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(kNeo_gHau @ Mar 4 2007, 08:36 AM) View Post

by saying custom firmware and a custom xmb i mean using a OE firmware and then modding the xmb. i said 3.03 oe-c is the best for that because it allows all the editing (icons, fonts, waves, etc etc). trust me, i understand the difference between custom firmware and a custom xmb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users