Photo

Tut : Tutorial Hip Pad Lcd Screen In A 360 (numero Uno)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 hellogoodbye2

hellogoodbye2

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:46 AM

ok ok ok first let me start of with the basics, theres a lot of pictures in this tutorial because i know everyone loves pictures and can learn from them better than words. i wont ever delet these photos from my photobucket account so no matter what you guys can always see them! hows that for a deal. also this would be the internet that your on right now, and the internet is not school, so ill say sorry now for my improper grammar, spelling, not capitalized starting of sentences, and run on sentences. i will also tell you right now that the photos arent of the best quality because the camera itself is over 5 years old, and every time i have the money to buy a new one i go out and buy stupid stuff like this! pop.gif yay and lastly i am sorry if you dont like my rambling on and on about useless stuff, so if you dont like reading it all just look at the photos
i suggest you already have some expirience with modding as you need to take apart your 360 and solder small points on the bottom side of your motherboard.

alright so now to the tutorial part

i take no responsibility for you killing your xbox or anything else around it. i have completed this mod the exact way as shown so if you follow directions everything will go as planned and it will turn out great. if you start your xbox on fire, which starts the cookies next to it on fire, which ignites the carpet and burns down the whole house and kills your dog, dont sue me because i do have this warning in here. the rest of the stuff that should be in here i will substitute with BLAH BLAH BLAH

ok we will start off with buying a hip pad screen. i got mine from some hong kong place on ebay. it was 15 bucks with 5 dollar shipping. if you plan on doing this mod you should do this as soon as possible as these type of products are getting more and more scarce everyday.
i ordered a xbox hip pad screen and got a gamecube controller in a beatup torn open plastic case that said xbox hip pad screen in blue crayon on it. but who cares im not using it for xbox anyways. this is what mine looked like when i took it out of the box and got rid of all the other crap that came with it

IPB Image

now if we flip it over it will look like this and you will notice 6 screws on the back which i have outlined in red

IPB Image

after you unscrew these the case should basically fall apart fairly easy leaving you the juicey insides to devour... i mean use on your xbox. it will look like this

IPB Image

now if we get a close up of it with my shitty camera you can notice a small ribbon cable at the top right which i have unplugged very carefully... you should keep your eye on it at all times as they are trickey and like to break themselves when no one is watching

IPB Image

now there are several screws scattered around the place, all of which are visible when you open the case up, you should have no problem removing them as they arnt like the ribbon cable and dont like playing tricks on you. here is what it should look like after you remove all the screws and take out the components. cut the wires keeping them as long as possible, and take that shitty controller and throw it at your little sister or something i dont care, we dont need it anymore

IPB Image

now that the hip pad is taken apart i can give you a techinical extreme photoshopped version of what this should look like. if you dont understand this drawing from looking at it you are probably retarded, but ill explain even more for anyone under 7. there are three parts inside the hip pad,
1.) screen
2.) screen board thingy
3.) other board thingy with power wires on it

do nothing to number 1.)
with number 2.) you should see a yellow wire and a brown wire. you should have cut these when you cut the bunch of them that go into the controller. the yellow wire gets soldered to the scart on the bottom of the motherboard. you need to take apart you 360 and then take out your motherboard to get at it, and then solder it to the number 7 pin on the mobo. the brown wire you solder to the pin directly above and to the left a tad of the yellow wire. you have just soldered video ground and video +. now go eat those cookies

with number 3.) you will notice a green cable and a orange/yellow cable. solder green to the bottom side of the mobo where it says - ground, and solder the yellow/orange wire to where it says 12v. you will also notice a few other colors, red white and black. we dont need these so just tear them off. you can also tear the speakers off too cuz they suck

DO NOT POST YET SECOND HALF WILL COME IN 10 SECONDS

and lastly you will need to bridge the two points shown together so you can see both the lcd and the tv at the same time, or play the lcd without the cables in, idk it does something special like that so just do it

IPB Image

this is what it looks like when you solder your extender wires to the bottom of the motherboard
IPB Image

dont forget to use protection smile.gif

IPB Image

after all of that we put the motherboard back on the metal caseing and run the wires up through the gap by the fans and solder the wires to the corresponding points. here is everything shown just layed out flat spaced out on my pride and joy 800 dollar pool table where i did all of this on. ph34r.gif

IPB Image

now we plug in the cables and hope to hell the sweat dripping down our forheads doesnt land on the motherboard and cause the xbox to catch on fire and ignite the cookies.
and now the moment we have all been waiting for...
drum roll please
power button on!

IPB Image

SCORE IT WORKS! now go outside and do a backflip in the 6 feet of snow we have rolleyes.gif
go munch down on the cookies beside the xbox
go crazy cuz you just made my xbox not one of a kind! love.gif

so here she is with the lights off. once again im sorry my camera sucks ass but this thing looks just like a psp screen in real person. no defects, no weird colors, none of that crap.

IPB Image

and here she is in the best mode i have on my camera. i use it on all of my photos, and not by choice

FUZZY MODE!

IPB Image

note that if you screen doesnt turn on right away mess with the knobs to make sure that they are not set so theres no brightness or something like that, or mabey look at the power switch on the bottom right that says off, and flip it to on.

its the weekend so i think ill gash into my lovely xbox tomarrow and flush mount this bad boy.
IPB Image
but remember... theres plenty of places to put it so be creative, use some bondo muhaha.gif ill make a small tut on mounting this hopefully tomarrow but until then tell me what you guys think. your looking at (1/1) hip pad 360 in the world; whos gonna praise it and make it smile first, and whos gonna flame it and make it cry first?

until then, happy modding happy.gif

special thanks to:
sapper - i stole a pic from you to make my diagram. he is the person to make the tut for doing this on the first xbox
RBJtech- cool dude who knows what hes talking about.
my mommy - for making chocolate chip cookies which i ate while working on this

#2 gamehunter101

gamehunter101

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:49 AM

awsome job dude cool.gif

#3 Gunner Pipe

Gunner Pipe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

aww, i want some cookies.

nice job but i'd rather be comfortable while kickin ass on live ph34r.gif

#4 Darkjasper

Darkjasper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Gaming, My Girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

Oooo. Nice. I would like to see some one put a bigger screen in one. But yours looks nice none the less. Can't wait to see it installed.

#5 belke

belke

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

good work biggrin.gif

#6 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(hellogoodbye2 @ Mar 2 2007, 11:53 PM) View Post

That's sick as hell.

Edited by Infamous Ob, 03 March 2007 - 09:00 AM.

#7 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:01 PM

.. that is awsome, can't wait to see it mounted in the 360 itself. smile.gif

Any plans to put in some speakers or perhaps a headphone socket - shouldn't be too difficult. Let me know if you need any help for the wiring on this ...

pop.gif

Edited by RBJTech, 03 March 2007 - 12:02 PM.

#8 turho

turho

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

This is a very wonderful and beautyful mod smile.gif Please help me! Please give me link this ebay auction. I'm searched this, and nothing sad.gif
This AV connector mod is working "dualscreen modes"? (My 82 cm LCD tv component, and this little monitor built in x360 front panel faceplate? smile.gif )
Thank you, regards from Hungary!

(Sorry Bad English, i'm older modder biggrin.gif )

#9 henmill

henmill

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, modding, general electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

dude, what's with the tin foil stuff all up in your 360?!

anyways, nice work there

#10 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(henmill @ Mar 3 2007, 10:06 AM) View Post

anyways, nice work there

That is fucking sweet! I believe the 'tin foil' you are refering to is Roadkill. It is a sound proofing pad they use in cars so you get less road noise and better performance from your in dooor mounted speakers.

By the way, I vote for a pin!

Edited by BecomethemonsteR, 03 March 2007 - 04:22 PM.

#11 sq24

sq24

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:FIREFIGHTING
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

biggrin.gif this is freakin sweet mod yes that is roadkill but I think it needs a little touching up on the stuff. Use a heat gun are a hair dryer. The kit should have come with a small roller to smooth it out better. If not use a larger marker and roll it hard across he pad. Also they have a spray on version of this kit to. That works a little better.

#12 hellogoodbye2

hellogoodbye2

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ Mar 3 2007, 12:08 PM) View Post

.. that is awsome, can't wait to see it mounted in the 360 itself. smile.gif

Any plans to put in some speakers or perhaps a headphone socket - shouldn't be too difficult. Let me know if you need any help for the wiring on this ...

pop.gif

the speakers i could have just left on it but i heard they suck really bad so i just tore them off. adding a headphone jack would be extremely easy as all i would have to do is extend the wires on the already existing one. i plan on mounting the screen on the top of the case kinda directly above the power button spot. it would have been above the dvd drive but my sound proof mat is wayyyy to high to do that. idk we will see how bored i am todat smile.gif

QUOTE(turho @ Mar 3 2007, 12:23 PM) View Post

This is a very wonderful and beautyful mod smile.gif Please help me! Please give me link this ebay auction. I'm searched this, and nothing sad.gif
This AV connector mod is working "dualscreen modes"? (My 82 cm LCD tv component, and this little monitor built in x360 front panel faceplate? smile.gif )
Thank you, regards from Hungary!

(Sorry Bad English, i'm older modder biggrin.gif )

to find them on english you search

hip pad

then on the left side just click the option saying

video games

and you should find some matches. but like i said they are getting more and more scarce every day
heres a picture if you didnt understand any of that
IPB Image

QUOTE(henmill @ Mar 3 2007, 04:06 PM) View Post

anyways, nice work there

yeah its stinger roadkill. its like tinfoil with tar on the bottom of it lol. i bought a few sheets of it and mounted it all over the dvd drive and fan ducts and fans and that. and added some to the leds of the dvd drive. my hitachi is super quiet now happy.gif

#13 ben1989

ben1989

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

does it come in hd?? ph34r.gif laugh.gif love.gif

#14 hellogoodbye2

hellogoodbye2

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(ben1989 @ Mar 3 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post

does it come in hd?? ph34r.gif laugh.gif love.gif

lol i wish. it comes out very very clear though because its such a small screen. its like i said before. its almost like a psp screen if you will

#15 ben1989

ben1989

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

look very nice m8 smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users