X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:20 AM

I should be able to get it onto 4shared either tonight or early tomorrow

My first ever theme, it will be based on the game Alien Hominid, a game that came out originally as a shockwave game for pc, and later became a game for every last-gen console (xbox version and GBA version only available in Europe.grrr)
if you havent played the game, I don't see the point of downloading the theme unless you like little aliens with guns.

Note: If you have an xbox 360, alien hominid is on Xbox live arcade.

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to it. But really unless you got a beta screen shot whats the point of making a post On the bored its really just spam sad.gif

#3 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I actually cant post a screenshot just yet; I am on linksboks and my pc's connection is messed up at the moment.
also the skin is still VERY alpha, it would actually be embarrassing to post one right now.

didnt mean to spam,sorry.

#4 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

Theme's don't have alpha stages, or beta stages. They have 2 stages, Not Done and Done.

You are only working with images, probably pre-made images too, not redone images by yourself, so really what your post should say is "I am cutting and pasting some Alien Hominid images, theme coming soon", but still there should be no topic untill you have something to show, even then I wish people would only post when the theme is finished, or in a nearly done state with alot of screenies.

#5 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

To answer your question in the totally unnecessay (and now deleted) other topic you made:

background-<colour>-alpha.png is the image that is onscreen when using the skin. The background WITHOUT the 'alpha' in the file name is a solid image that is shown when the blades slide. Because their are items BEHIND the background as it slides, so we cant have a 82% alpha image like normal, otherwise the illusion would be ruined by seeing the stuff behind it.

We use an alpha image at 82% to show the background animations. This means the wallpapers need to be transparent and the backgrounds almost black, with the animation highlights ranging from black to white so they show through.

Now when making a theme PROPERLY. You need to make the ALPHA and the NON ALPHA images from the same photoshop file. If you do not use this method I am about to explain, your themes will NEVER have a chance of being on XBMC Live.

1. - Make the new file in photoshop and immediatly create a layer that is 100% black (#000000). This is your solid layer. This remains under the backgrounds at all times and has ZERO Alpha/Transparency.

2. - Make your Background layers all 82% transparent. AT ALL TIMES even when saving the none alpha'd image, your backgrounds within photoshop will always be 82% transparent. The BLACK bottom layer acts like the 'nothingness' or 'background animation' in XBMC, directly under your background alpha images, so this black layer is essential to making the transition from your alpha background to the none alpha background.

3. - When saving you image, you can first save the NONE ALPHA image by saving it with the BLACK LAYER below it VISIBLE, so you have your background image which is 82% transparent and the black layer below. Now you might want to increase contrast and saturation a little on images, to bring their colour and brightness back a bit, as being 82% transparent over a black layer makes them seem darker. So save this image as the NONE ALPHA image. Now alls you do to make the alpha image, is make the BLACK LAYER invisible and save again this time as the ALPHA background.

What this does as I explained before, is allow the backgrouns to switch textures from ALPHA to the NONE ALPHA seamlessly, allowing the old page blades and info to slide away underneath it.

#6 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

you make me sound so illiterate. It isnt just cutting and pasting,
its resizing,recoloring, and getting help in the GFX forum to un-pixelate an image I blew up.
The theme is "not done," and I wont give Coming Soons anymore.

thanks for helping with the question, I wont make anymore seperate posts

Edited by Rotfloljfk, 04 March 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#7 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Rotfloljfk @ Mar 4 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post

you make me soud so illiterate. It isnt just cutting and pasting,
its resizing,recoloring, and getting help in the GFX forum to un-pixelate an image I blew up.
The theme is "not done," and I wont give Coming Soons anymore.

When you spell the word 'sound' wrong in the same sentence denying being illiterate, you don't do yourself any favours.

I am not stopping you from posting any more coming soon, but at least having something that is coming soon, don't be so premature about announcing something before you have anything.

As I said previously, cutting pasting, recolouring, resizing, not really creative in the true sense. But good luck anyhow.

#8 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:57 PM

LOL DANGIT!!! well I respelled sound.

When you say photoshop, I am guessing Adobe, correct?

#9 dre74

dre74

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:54 PM

Dude you might quit posting while your ahead, good luck on the theme.

#10 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(Rotfloljfk @ Mar 4 2007, 10:04 PM) View Post

LOL DANGIT!!! well I respelled sound.

When you say photoshop, I am guessing Adobe, correct?

Is there any other kind?

#11 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Mar 5 2007, 11:59 AM) View Post

Is there any other kind?

http://www.corel.com...t/1155872554948

#12 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

umm thats called "Paint Shop Pro" not "Photoshop"

#13 stanley87

stanley87

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Mar 5 2007, 10:58 AM) View Post

When you spell the word 'sound' wrong in the same sentence denying being illiterate, you don't do yourself any favours.

I am not stopping you from posting any more coming soon, but at least having something that is coming soon, don't be so premature about announcing something before you have anything.

As I said previously, cutting pasting, recolouring, resizing, not really creative in the true sense. But good luck anyhow.

hmmm, Blackbolt , I sometimes find you are quite trigger happy with the posts. Not 2 take sides or anything, but all the new releases of MC360 shouldn't be on Xbox-Scene main page. My two cents.

Cheers
Stanley87

#14 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Mar 5 2007, 03:29 PM) View Post

umm thats called "Paint Shop Pro" not "Photoshop"

Well sometimes people spell the name wrong and then everyone does it thinking the name changed or something... and I coulda swore they used to call it photoshop not paint shop...oh well

QUOTE(stanley87 @ Mar 5 2007, 03:41 PM) View Post

hmmm, Blackbolt , I sometimes find you are quite trigger happy with the posts. Not 2 take sides or anything, but all the new releases of MC360 shouldn't be on Xbox-Scene main page. My two cents.

Cheers
Stanley87

I don't have a side so don't take mine even if you wanted to....Xbox-Scene is associated with Team BB and they probably have an agreement on posting the news front page. I am just another user, and they wouldn't post my individual news, and Blackbolt was right, my post was premature, I probably did it because I had never made a theme before and it got me all worked up

Edited by Rotfloljfk, 05 March 2007 - 09:46 PM.

#15 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

And Umm I'm going to say lets keep this thread on topic or I shall lock it
anything that has needed to be said has all future chat in here should revolve around the Alien Hominid Mc360 Theme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users