Jump to content



What Socket Type Are The Heatsinks?

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rrg


    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:08 AM

Does anyone know what socket type the metal GPU clip is and what the CPU clip type is??

They look like a pentium II type socket but I am not sure. What is the official name/number for it?

Or does anyone know what aftermarket clips I can use to convert to standard socket type for an upgrade heatsink.

I know I'm obsessed.

All those 360 cooling mods are just so friggen contagius. Dam you RJTech. laugh.gif

I'm going to a new case so height will not be an issue.

Edited by rrg, 06 March 2007 - 04:09 AM.

#2 FrostyTheSnowman


    X-S Freak

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Location:Utah
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

Err... the XBOX CPU/GPU have their own special heatsinks, and there are no aftermarket solutions for them. I wish there was, but there isn't... sorry. sad.gif

#3 deadparrot


    X-S Messiah

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:20 PM

Plenty of people use standard PC heatsinks...

I think most of them are GPU coolers but they work fine. Have a browse around, there are some quite nice setups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users