22 replies to this topic

#1 as905

as905

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

We now have a 100% Xbox 360 failure rate here at Tek Republik. Yes, every Xbox 360 I bought at launch is bricked with the 3 red flashing lights. Microsoft despite the widely reported policy of repairing hosed 360s for free that were manufactured in 2005 refuses to do so. That is pathetic. I have 4 hosed Xbox 360s sitting right here. I would gladly fix them if I could get an Xbox 360 motherboard from Foxconn. Believe me I would. Sorry, Microsoft wants to make even more money by forcing you to only be able to repair with them. I found out some interesting information though on the phone with the supervisor David. Apparently only 4% of Xbox 360s have been faulty. My 100% rate must just be a statistical abberation beyond the mean. I doubt it. I've had statistics, and no other computer component I have ever owned has had that failure rate. We have a zero motherboard failure rate out of 20 Asus A8N-SLI boards here and we have had them almost as long as the 360s. This is a manufacturing failure of epic proportions. Perhaps one of the worst in history. This is right up their with the Atari ET game. Anyway, I also I think at least got David to admit that the 3 red flashing lights is motherboard failure. Or at least a component on it. Supposedly they are willing unsolder the GPU or CPU to replace it. I would prefer to just be able to buy a replacement board from Foxconn. Anyway, $140 a Xbox, half the cost of a core system to replace it. What a joke.

SOURCE

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

Simple answer, don't buy launch Xbox 360's and get extended store warranty if your so fussed. If the year warranty is up then theres no way out of it. Just sell them on Ebay for spares and repairs to get new ones.

#3 Radioedit420

Radioedit420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

how many people actually go on an article and say that their 360 works perfectly?

their are an excess of 9million 360's that are owned.
so lets say that their are 12 posts a day about 360 problems that arent user created problems.
now compare that number to the number of people that havent reported that their 360 works perfectly

#4 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

I'm tired of hearing that claim "you only hear people complain of broken systems, not systems working perfect".

Look at any other console forum and you will not see nearly the amount of bricked systems that fast since launch. And yes forums were around when the ps2, xbox, and gamecube all came out, as well as N64 and Playstation.

#5 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

my 4th died yesterday (no error- got the gridwork freeze thing going on). this one is should be under warranty but ive voided it. pretty pissed off - but whatevers. I live in a sub-tropical climate. Which im sure is not helping.

Xbox1 was built like an old chevy - 360 is built like a Daewoo. Not getting another one till serious hardware revision, or proper hack - or maybe someday i'll be able to have this one fixed this locally.

#6 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(gasclown @ Mar 6 2007, 02:35 PM) View Post

my 4th died yesterday (no error- got the gridwork freeze thing going on). this one is should be under warranty but ive voided it. pretty pissed off - but whatevers. I live in a sub-tropical climate. Which im sure is not helping.

Xbox1 was built like an old chevy - 360 is built like a Daewoo. Not getting another one till serious hardware revision, or proper hack - or maybe someday i'll be able to have this one fixed this locally.

Yes the Xbox 1 was a Chevy. It was big and gritty, and people could fix 'em even modify them. I understand the argument that people with working ones, don't go around constantly telling people they work. But, I've been reading video game forums for nearly ten years, and have never seen anything like the reported failure rate of the Xbox 360. My 4th is broken, and scores of gamers I run into on Live have had at least one replacement. From the looks of it, the new ones are running fine; but I fear tht they may be unstable in a year's time. The last one I get under warranty, is going to be stripped and modified (with the purpose of keeping it alive) before I even power it on.

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

4 is a very good number to sample... rolleyes.gif maybe they should start doing pharmacutical drug tests on 4 people. All 4 consoles could have been from a bad batch if he got them all at the same time. I do believe there is a problem with the 360s, but i must say, between me and my 15 other friends, none of ours have died. I even got really tanked on satuday nite and threw a comforter ontop of my 360 and it ran for about 6 hours suffocating. Still works fine. blink.gif it seams they either work, or dont. Nothing one person says is gona settle this. classic chicken/egg discussion, it will go on forever.

#8 Millenia1x

Millenia1x

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

well everyone knows that if you play the 360 long enough it will die

i don't know anyone who can play for about 15 hours straight which will kill the 360
about 8 or 9 hours for a launch 360(prob less)

but if your too stupid to not turn the 360 off when your getting graphical errors than thats your fault

#9 as905

as905

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 7 2007, 12:20 AM) View Post

i don't know anyone who can play for about 15 hours straight which will kill the 360
but if your too stupid to not turn the 360 off when your getting graphical errors than thats your fault

sorry not been rude here but what you said above doesnt make any sense at all.

#10 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 6 2007, 06:20 PM) View Post

what a crap statement. there are plenty of launch day consoles, mine having been left on for a week at a time, that still run fine.

#11 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:31 AM

me and my frends = 3 xbox 360s. my frends systems where launch system 1 did fail and was replaced by ms the other is over a year old and running fine. mine is a newer version runing fine. newer 360s are acully a bit smaller then launch consoles. all these 360s are played often and for long times.

#12 tecmobrowns

tecmobrowns

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

i just got mine back from repai and it the same one i sent. its quiet nowcant even hear it run now. no problems so far.i hope it doesnt go out again! they were very speedy too!

#13 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:38 AM

Everytime I get one back, I am suprised how quiet it is. But after a few days, it sounds it really picks up in volume.

#14 dre74

dre74

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:06 AM

I have a launch console, came with the free media remote and it has never game any problems.

#15 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 6 2007, 06:20 PM) View Post

blink.gif

I had to call a friend one time, and tell him that his 360 was still on (he had been showing up as "Away" on Live for a few days straight). He had forgotten to turn it off, and Saint's Row was just sitting there, playing away.

My brother leaves his on overnight all the time (he listens to music as he falls asleep).

Out of the dozen or so people that I personally know that have 360s, only one has had a problem. And it was fixed in about a week, IIRC.

Yes, it sucks that there are obviously quite a few bad consoles. But let's not jump to the conclusion that every single 360 is bad, and just hasn't quite broken yet.

BTW, mine and all my friends' consoles were all launch units -- every single one of them.

I'd love to do some checking on the voltages these "defective" systems were getting from the outlet or the surge suppressors being used. You guys do know that you're supposed to plug your 360 straight into the wall, not into a power strip or surge protector?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users