• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zeroes Hero

Zeroes Hero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:36 AM

I recently flashed my cousins Xbox 360. He had a Samsung ms25 dvd drive in there. After i flashed it I checked the drive and everything worked fine it read all the games origanal and backups. Recently he told me his drive wont read any of the disks it read before origanal or copy. I took the drive and checked the model and all to make sure it is the same drive and xbox. After seeing that it is his xbox with the same drive he had before i flashed it again since i saved the Orig.bin. Now two weeks later he says he has the same problem again, I flashed it over again, and it works. I began thinking he is doing something strange with the 360 to have this problem but recently my 360 has the same problem. One day the xbox just stoped reading all disks origanal or copys. I did not flash it since the last Xtream update and it just sits there it didnt lose power or stay on for long periods of time it just did it out of nowhere. Any help is greately appriciated i read this forum but saw no answears to this. TIA

#2 Zeroes Hero

Zeroes Hero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Im sorry for bumping my post but I thought maybe someone will be able to help me if I add more details. Also I read that someone on this forum who sold a Xbox 360 has been asking about the same problem that the person who bought his seems to have.

I have just spoke to by friend who has a Hitachi 47 wich I flashed for him and now has the same problem.
The two Samsungs were flashed on a Asus nforce4 motherboard with the onboard SATA. Both of these drives were the MS25. Another drive I flashed on this PC with the Via 6421L was the MS28 nd there has been no problems with that one. On another PC I flashed the Hitachi 47 wich I mentioned before it was flashed with the Via 6421L. The only drives that are having this problem are the 2 MS25 drives and the Hitachi. No problems with the MS28 so far. These drives just stop reading all disks you can still boot up the xbox and it gives you no error code you just cant get it to read anything from the drive although you can still stream everything to it. The akward thing is that as soon as I flash this drive again it reads everything you throw at it for a while and then dose the same thing until I reflash it again. Im starthing to think something in the firmware is getting corrupted but i cant firgure out what or why. The stranges part is that if the firmware was getting corrupted than why can i just reflash it with no problems and have it work for awhile.

This is the last time im bumping this if i get no reply's since I dont want to anger anyone for bringing this topic up constantly.

#3 TiM3Sh1FT

TiM3Sh1FT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

That's really strange and I'm curious to see if there's a reason for all this since it's quite annoying !!!
I'm glad to have a ms28 I hope I won't have problems after flashing it laugh.gif

#4 Zeroes Hero

Zeroes Hero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(TiM3Sh1FT @ Mar 8 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post

That's really strange and I'm curious to see if there's a reason for all this since it's quite annoying !!!
I'm glad to have a ms28 I hope I won't have problems after flashing it laugh.gif

l wouldnt worry about that judgeing by the amount of reply's I got this is a very rare thing to happen.

#5 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

Yeah sorry man.. there is no way the firmware is changing over time.. There is just no process for it to rewrite itself.

Have you tried setting it to different speeds? Are you using the v5.2 firmware?

Have you tried the "rubberband" fix??

It is my assumption that something is off.. and that the process of opening the console itself is jostling things and making it work.

Ifyou are flashing the same firmware over itself.. then you are not changing anything. There is an alternate varible in this process.

#6 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

when it happens again read the firmware and do a compare to find out what the difference is

#7 Zeroes Hero

Zeroes Hero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Havok @ Mar 8 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

Yeah sorry man.. there is no way the firmware is changing over time.. There is just no process for it to rewrite itself.

Have you tried setting it to different speeds? Are you using the v5.2 firmware?

Have you tried the "rubberband" fix??

It is my assumption that something is off.. and that the process of opening the console itself is jostling things and making it work.

Ifyou are flashing the same firmware over itself.. then you are not changing anything. There is an alternate varible in this process.

On the two samsung dvd drives I am using the V5.2 firmware and on the hitachi I am also using the newest firmware.

I didnt use the rubberband fix cause i was under the assumption that the new firmware fixed that problem.

As for something getting jolted im going to next time just replace the SATA cable cause im guesseing youre probly right on that one.

Im also gonna take the suggestion to compare the firmwares next time. I didnt compare them since I didnt want to waste my time but I have so far wasted more time flashing them over.

#8 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Zeroes Hero @ Mar 8 2007, 10:05 PM) View Post

I didn't use the rubberband fix cause i was under the assumption that the new firmware fixed that problem.

The new firmware does not fix the same problem as the rubberband fixes.

The new firmware is autocalibrating and optimizes for the reading of the disc.

The rubberband fix actually corrects a positioning error.

Edited by Havok, 09 March 2007 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users