#1 h4x0r31337

h4x0r31337

X-S Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

I bought my friends modded xbox. It came with Avalaunch Alpha v.0.49.3 and lots of things preloaded.

First things first, the xbox boots and immediately tells me "Drive E: has low free space (338MB), this may and will cause problems." Having not set this thing up myself I don't really know anything about the partitions. What i gather is that my xbox has these partitions installed:

C (208MB free)
D (0MB free)->DVD Rom i deduced
E (338MB free)
F (6337MB free)
G (2298MB free)
X (493MB free)
Y (21MB free)
Z (44MB free)

I have so many questions. Do all modded xboxes with avalaunch have the same directories? How can i free up space on my harddisk everything looks undeletable. How do I copy new games to my HDD and play them?

Under apps i have: DVD Player, DVD2XBOX (is this where i can burn cds to hdd?) plus a couple more.

I've been into PCs for years but this is my first modded xbox. Any tutorials, guids, faqs, general info will be greatly appreciated. Please post back, i'm soooooo noob. but i'm uber, don't worry ; )

seriously i've never networked a xbox (at least not yet) so i'm sure i'm not realizing the true power of this new "dashboard" i just need the beginners guide and your thoughts and feelings are needed so please post!!

%&*#,
the fin

#2 jblake1560

jblake1560

X-S Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:00 AM

First of all I have no idea drive E would be low on memory as not much is stored in that folder. As far as i've seen all modified xbox's using avalaunch have the same directories. There are a couple different ways to free up space on your HD. Either go into filemanager or xcommander R2 G if you have it, which is what i prefer. Delete games you dont want, If he has music on it, delete it, even screenshots. anything you dont want delete it. There are 2 ways to copy new games on to your harddrive. The first way is to use DVD2XBOX. The other way is to use HDD loader. I've never used DVD2XBOX. But if you use HDD loader the game will automatically go into your games folder on your main screen. otherwise it will go into F/hddloader if you want to find it through filemanager or xbmc or something like that. To burn cd's to my harddrive I usually just use XBMC if you have it. Once you figure out all you can do with a modified xbox it is one of the most powerful and coolest systems ever. there is instructions on how to use everything at:

www.teamavalaunch.com

#3 h4x0r31337

h4x0r31337

X-S Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(jblake1560 @ Mar 7 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post

First of all I have no idea drive E would be low on memory as not much is stored in that folder. As far as i've seen all modified xbox's using avalaunch have the same directories. There are a couple different ways to free up space on your HD. Either go into filemanager or xcommander R2 G if you have it, which is what i prefer. Delete games you dont want, If he has music on it, delete it, even screenshots. anything you dont want delete it. There are 2 ways to copy new games on to your harddrive. The first way is to use DVD2XBOX. The other way is to use HDD loader. I've never used DVD2XBOX. But if you use HDD loader the game will automatically go into your games folder on your main screen. otherwise it will go into F/hddloader if you want to find it through filemanager or xbmc or something like that. To burn cd's to my harddrive I usually just use XBMC if you have it. Once you figure out all you can do with a modified xbox it is one of the most powerful and coolest systems ever. there is instructions on how to use everything at:
www.teamavalaunch.com

I went through and deleted all of his game saves. this really free'd the E: drive up. Also I noticed some of the emulators and roms are in the E: drive, if i move them to a different drive will i be able to access them just as i do now?

I am afraid to delete or move anything as i am very unclear as to just what every folder and file is. I would like to clear up some C: drive space.

Most of the xbox games saved on the drive appear to be in the F: and G: drives in a folder called games. Can i move them all to one drive or the other with out losing them in the games menu to actually play them.

I read some of the noob tutorials, i'm not trying to offend by posting generic questions. this is just my first day owning a moded xbox and i've only owned a modded ps1 before this, much simpler concept.

THANKS!!!!

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:02 AM

XS is not here to help you take into possesion a box full of Xbox games and other system roms.

Closed.

Edit: And read the rules. We don't operate on fundamental issues of legality nor grey-area law in (insert your area here). Pure and simple: XS is here to help you back up YOUR games from YOUR originals.

Nothing else. Under no circumstances nor despite a long list of attempted explanations.

This could have been avoided by checking the rules, posting policy, even consulting with staff had you taken the short time needed to do so.

Do not make any other posts about this.

Edited by Xombe, 08 March 2007 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users