Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

Alright I got the backgrounds right and this isn't a WHOLE lot but I'll update it with new buttons/icons/etc. in the future as I learn how to use Photoshop better.

THANKS TO GASCLOWN IN THE GFX FOR THE GREAT RECREATION OF THE MEDIA BLADE IMAGE!!!

Blackbolt - you know I WOULD like this on XBMC Live Place but it probably isn't original enough yet, so maybe someday...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Download HERE

Edited by Rotfloljfk, 08 March 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#2 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:08 AM

in case that link is not working, use

http://www.4shared.c...29/sharing.html

its in the mc360 themes folder.

#3 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(Rotfloljfk @ Mar 8 2007, 03:15 PM) View Post

in case that link is not working, use

http://www.4shared.c...29/sharing.html

its in the mc360 themes folder.

Not bad, but the blades sides really look kind of sickly....Maybe you should consider change their coloring slightly

#4 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

do you mean the green header blade, or the yellow ones, or both?
I was considering changing them, I was trying to go for the gun color on the media blade for the header

#5 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:45 AM

Needs alot of work man, it's a very rough looking theme.

#6 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

I know I know I guess you guys didnt get that I have NO PHOTOSHOP SKILLS.

specifically which parts are rough?

#7 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

The colors, they are too much man, it's just my opinion.

#8 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:12 PM

Your blades look like something that happens when a TV scart isnt plugged in right, it looks wrong, their colour is as someone else said, Sickly.

You are not only lacking photoshop skills but something else thats integral to creating graphics and imagary, understanding of colours. For some reason gay men are born with it, most women have it but not alot of guys are able to match colours correctly.

You need to spend a bit of time looking at websites, posters, movies, games etc, learning what colours work with what. Its a massive part of artwork, and those of us who have spent years learning and gradually getting better at it can't stand to look at artwork which is a mis-match of colour.

There are two major tips I always standby in digital art, that is the no pixellation rule, never use low-res and hi-res imagary in the same picture, its just plain wrong!. Then theres the colour rule but thats a major long essay of an explaination. I suggest you just research designs and sites while getting a good Photoshop book and downloading tutorials and watch tutorial videos. It helps alot. I am currently learning Flash via YouTube tutorials smile.gif.

Good luck in the future, but theres no way in hell this theme would go on XBMC Live sorry, its not at a standard good enough yet.

Edited by Blackbolt, 09 March 2007 - 01:14 PM.

#9 Rotfloljfk

Rotfloljfk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

eh...

maybe im too young

I thought the yellow and green went with alien hominid good.
maybe I should just make wallpaper packs.....

#10 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

Yes, but you havent created Yellow and Green, you have changed the Hue on the blades, or added colour overlays or messed with the variations, you havent actually created anything from scratch. That was your limitation, by trying to modify already created art.

#11 UK_joker

UK_joker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Mar 10 2007, 03:53 PM) View Post

Yes, but you havent created Yellow and Green, you have changed the Hue on the blades, or added colour overlays or messed with the variations, you havent actually created anything from scratch. That was your limitation, by trying to modify already created art.

Isn't the idea of modifying current art the point of the xpr extraction tool?.....Just lately you MOAN like a girl, so what if people are creating themes which you don't like, let them get on with it, add guidance don't run the people down. I couldn't care less what others think of my personal created themes, which is why I don't offer them up any more, plus the fact I know mine are below the standard of the majority of themes here.
I feel all theme designers (be it top class or first timers) deserve respect, remember it's guys like this that keep your XBMC activities alive.

I don't mean to sound snappy......but I do feel you are being a tad harsh on people who could benefit from your knowledge.

For the guys who could do with tutorials follow these links -
Tutorial for PS in general
Tutorial for PS effects

#12 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Dude, you did sound 'snappy' and down right arsey.

I did help the guy by not sugar coating what I wanted to tell him. I told him exactly what I thought, thats not because I felt like being harsh, or because I am an evil person, my intentions where not negatively based they where critically based.

Just to comment about me not liking themes. I don't critique themes on whether I like the content or not, I do it on the basis of the creativity and ideas put into it. The fact we are actually supporting users themes via having a whole sub forum (not easy to convince X-S to give us) just for themes, shows that our team is dedicated to helping users promote and also create themes. Out of all our forums I spend most of my time in here because I am interested in helping our users, which I do many times. If you would read my post above the one you quoted you will see I explained at length what he asked.

Please don't insult me further by claiming I am moaning or being too harsh. Because you will only be punished for being disrespectful and rude and considering you are on your final warning for assisting with piracy previously, I would keep your head down.

Edited by Blackbolt, 10 March 2007 - 09:10 PM.

#13 UK_joker

UK_joker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Mar 10 2007, 10:16 PM) View Post

Dude, you did sound 'snappy' and down right arsey.

I did help the guy by not sugar coating what I wanted to tell him. I told him exactly what I thought, thats not because I felt like being harsh, or because I am an evil person, my intentions where not negatively based they where critically based.

Just to comment about me not liking themes. I don't critique themes on whether I like the content or not, I do it on the basis of the creativity and ideas put into it. The fact we are actually supporting users themes via having a whole sub forum (not easy to convince X-S to give us) just for themes, shows that our team is dedicated to helping users promote and also create themes. Out of all our forums I spend most of my time in here because I am interested in helping our users, which I do many times. If you would read my post above the one you quoted you will see I explained at length what he asked.

Please don't insult me further by claiming I am moaning or being too harsh. Because you will only be punished for being disrespectful and rude and considering you are on your final warning for assisting with piracy previously, I would keep your head down.

I apologise for my rudeness and 'snappy' post. I didn't mean to come over all high and mighty, sorry.

As for assisting piracy.....I just did not read the rules at that time, I got punished for that and read up on the rules since.

Once again sorry BlackBolt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users