15 replies to this topic

#1 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:45 AM

I have a limited amount of space on my HDD so i usually transfer certain games back and forth between my xbox and my PC but recently i ran into a problem.

when i click on load iso and slect it everything the game shows uo and everything is peachy...however when I click on the FTP upload all the screen comes up and nothing happens, it just stays at 0%....the only way for me to get the games back onto my xbox is to extract the iso and then FTP it using ultra fxp (which is a pain and takes forever)

I am using one of the latest xbmc builds

does anyone know what could be wrong??

EDIT:: sorry i didnt see the qwix forum...if you want to move it or delete it thats fine with me

Edited by feerlessleadr, 09 March 2007 - 01:49 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:57 AM

If speed is that important too you then just use DVD2Xbox to rip the originals. Easy as pie. smile.gif

#3 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:56 AM

no sorry you misunderstood the question

its not that its going slow its that its not going at all...it just stays at 0%

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(feerlessleadr @ Mar 9 2007, 09:52 AM) View Post

FTP it using ultra fxp (which is a pain and takes forever)

I misunderstood nothing.

And my answer stands. You're going about this entirely the wrong way.

Just use DVD2Xbox.

Edited by Xombe, 09 March 2007 - 11:13 AM.

#5 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:51 PM

ok and now i see where you are going...

yes i have the originals and yes i can use dvd2xbox...but my question still stands why doesent this work?

in all honesty i like to do the easiest (and laziest) thing possible, that means i would RATHER just be able to transfer the ISO that i made from the originals back and forth from my xbox

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:40 AM

Okay then, have you taken care of the Qwix -> Add (or Edit) -> Edit Connection settings?

Are they the same as your other FTP clients and have folder destinations set up properly, etc?

Firewall(s) not blocking it?

#7 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

i have everything set up ok...and when i test the connection it says that it was sucessful.

i can even browse my folders on my xbox..

does it have anything to do with the fact that i am using XBMC and not avalaunch??

#8 Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:51 PM

I think this is an issue with the latest versions of XBMC. When I tried to transfer games to the xbox with XBMC running the transfer would stop after a few files. So I tried running a different dash like unleashX and the transfer works fine again. So my guess is that the latest versions of XBMC got changed in a way that it's not compatible with Qwix anymore. I can still extract the iso and transfer the files with flashfxp but like feerlessleadr said it'll take longer.

#9 feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:37 AM

i just wanted to confirm that the problem has something to do with xbmc because when i switched over to evox everything works fine

dry.gif dry.gif

#10 skimpydime

skimpydime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

i kept having trouble with my qwix the other day. it worked fine at first then would run into trouble. i redownloaded it then built the new connection and its been good ever since.

#11 Super-Mari0

Super-Mari0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:27 AM

i have a question for you guys, up until yesterday i had i think an original avalaunch on my xbox, but i just changed over to the latest edition of xbmc. I used to upload isos through tquix, but if it's to my understaning, quix only works with avalaunch? I tried to get a new connection with it running xbmc but never showed up. I still have avaluanch but i did a shortcut swap so it starts up xbmc. Is there a way to get xbmc to let me upload iso's using quix or is there a way I can modify avalunch so that it would pop up in the apps section?

#12 jabu2oz

jabu2oz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

I have the same problem with the latest XBMC build and as you say, it works fine with any other dash (i'm using evox)

#13 pepper453

pepper453

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

same problem here, newer version of xbmc, qwix having issues.

#14 RChapma444

RChapma444

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:49 AM

I am having the same problem as well...running the latest version of XBMC. I hope this can be worked out...I am stuck in my old ways and it would be nice not to have to boot to a different dash to be able to use Qwix...I am not promoting it but C-XBOX Tool got the job done....Qwix is still much better in my opinion. I'll look forward to a resolution to the problem...thank you for your time.

#15 kuiksurfer

kuiksurfer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

Nice Nice!! I had the same problem! Switched over to a (very) old version of avalon which was still on my xbox and presto! biggrin.gif I'm a happy camper yet again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users