X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(avatar1976 @ Mar 10 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post

Yeah don't go doing that again man, finger guns are one thing but once you step in to using something that could be seen as a gun (through the tinted windows of your friend's car for example) you might as well be carrying a gun. If you walk in to a bank holding a water pistol and pretending it's a gun you the guards would be in their right to shoot you through the head...

thing was it didnt look like a gun at all, it was a bright red pipe with nothing else on it and the windows were down and i was leaning out the window slightly, After i said bang band i even held the pipe side ways and waved it back and forth so she could see it was a joke, but she still freaked lol

#17 ErichMoraga

ErichMoraga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Chasym @ Mar 11 2007, 01:14 AM) View Post

thing was it didnt look like a gun at all, it was a bright red pipe with nothing else on it and the windows were down and i was leaning out the window slightly, After i said bang band i even held the pipe side ways and waved it back and forth so she could see it was a joke, but she still freaked lol

Still, that's a pretty bad idea.

-Erich

#18 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:00 AM

that is sooo gay...good thing my school isnt like that

#19 ShadowmanX

ShadowmanX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:12 AM

BAN THESE EVIL VIDEO GAME ADVERTS!
First video games, now the adverts, what is next on this proverbial hot bed of violence. I can understand how it could be taken as insulting (what with gun crime in school from a while back) but still they should be offered a chance to defend themselves.
Bet Jack Thompson is dancing around right now over this.

#20 TheIrishLad

TheIrishLad

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Ebay, Projectors, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurial Ventures.

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(juan_2006 @ Mar 10 2007, 08:07 PM) View Post

that is sooo gay...good thing my school isnt like that

What is your school like? huh.gif

#21 lightsp33d

lightsp33d

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Mar 10 2007, 10:32 PM) View Post

This... "thats so gay" term is getting really boring, everything becomes gay this days blink.gif as an emigrant I must say US high schools are gay (at least one that I attended) Lets get back to video, well they had some fun and they were punished by suspension which in my country would be more like a prize biggrin.gif

#22 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:39 AM

if this happened in the US, I could see some lawsuits rolling out against the school. Its not like they brought plastic or realistic looking guns into the school, they were just playing around.

#23 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Mar 10 2007, 10:32 PM) View Post

You don't get suspended unless you've actually done something bad. We have "smoking areas" where people can go have a smoke if they want, anyone can go (i don't smoke often). You can swear all you want teachers cant do anything about it (that is out of class). Really it isn't that different from other high schools, except they don't suspend you for pointing your finger at someone and saying "bang!". I just realized something that school is called Carleton, mines without the "e" ha ha.

For my immigrant friend, i'm an immigrant too been here since in Canada since i was 10. I've gone to 6 different schools (15 including the ones i went before coming to Canada), and alot of those schools were gay except for a couple.

ps: when i said thats so gay i meant that their suspension for doing something like that was gay. I didn't mean anything about the video.

#24 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

kids just wanting to have fun...the suspensions were only to prevent others from mimicking their actions and maybe taking it even further where someone could eventually get hurt. even though it was harmless, it was not the appropriate venue for that and thus the suspensions will hopefully make sure no one does anything because of their actions to get hurt in the future...

i am sure they don't care about 1 day suspensions...they had a good time...

#25 Psykomantis00

Psykomantis00

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

I don't know how it is in America Number Two, but here in America we all live by a little saying. If it isn't an American flag, it's probably a bomb.

Really though, one day suspension is a vacation. jester.gif

#26 dhrandy1

dhrandy1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Computers, XBox, Guitars

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

I don't see the problem. Creativity maybe?

#27 Antinous-ODY

Antinous-ODY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

well suspending as a preventative warning measure is ridiculous... we better start suspending kids who turn in their homework late in order to prevent it from escalating into a bigger problem..

these kids were obviously not going to take it too far, and if anyone does take it a step further, it's not a result of the 'gateway' given by these students.. this is like saying marijuana is a gateway drug, if that's true.. and high school is the gateway to marijuana, and middle school is the gateway to high school.. (i could take this anywhere from here, but it ends with us closing off people from communication between one another because without communication, there can be no plans to do 'bad things' so we should just suspend kids for talking)

edit: my point is, where do we draw the line? I think that drawing the line where it was, is way too early and it needs to be drawn where there is actually real potential for harm. These kids were not in any way harming anyone. If you were too scared to watch it, close your eyes. Learn to discern from acting on imagination and acting on real feelings..

Edited by Antinous-ODY, 12 March 2007 - 12:07 AM.

#28 Tenshi-Ryuu

Tenshi-Ryuu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

First things first: I am an Ex-student of South Carleton HS (graduated last year). A- Yes, the school Spirit sucks B- It's a school located in the Outskirts of Ottawa, ON and its students are mostly all from the country (quite a few of them living on farms) C- There hasn't been any gun shootings at a school in that area as far as I know. So, Therefor I believe that this was quite an overreaction on the principals part. I never felt threatened by my well being there. There was a touch of bullying, but I only remember one fight in my whole four years there.

Edited by Tenshi-Ryuu, 12 March 2007 - 04:58 AM.

#29 cricri_pingouin

cricri_pingouin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

I totally agree with the school's decision. Accidents happen so quickly. You never know when one of those fingers might fire off.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to report a friend who dropped some ketchup on his shirt. He's sooo in trouble for having re-enacted a washing powder advertising.

#30 RoadRunnerX

RoadRunnerX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:56 AM

Greetings, the actions taken by the school are in direct violation of the students right to express creativity, as an ex south carleton student i kno the schools spirt sucked but this was the first time a group of people were enthused to particpate in an activity but the administration that has only been there for just over one school year they do not kno how to deal with this type of creativity and they promptly removed and suspended the students involved, this would be like being suspended students for reherseing the life and tragedy of lady MacBeth scene where Macbeth gets killed off. Bickerton the principal is making another attempt to show that he is in control and he will use his power to get his way.

Those who know by my screen name know what im talking about.

Sincerly RoadRunnerX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users