Hashmire420

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:37 AM

They actually could hire this guy to do these little models for them, they would sell really well with how good they look and how good the game is. Actually they should just give him a couple hundred thousand dollars to buy the rights for that model, then mass produce them and package it with the game.

#32 mp5user

mp5user

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:08 AM

Would EA do this? Would MS do this? Sony, hell no they would skip the letter and sue his ass. The worst however is ColumbiaHouse--assholes sent a collections agency after me because of a purchess (not by proxy either--own card) I made 4 years ago (age 13.) Anyway, Epic is an alright company, but they did get a lot of bad publicity--it would have been a PR nightmare not to make an apology. Would have they if no one was look is the question. I agree with others above, credit given where credit due. No thread is complete without an honorable mention to Nazis, lol.

#33 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

It is unfortunate when this happens but the problem with trademarks is you HAVE to protect them and Emilio's work looks so amazingly professional, right down to a cool package!, that they probably failed to notice this was a one-off gift for non-commercial use.
If my lawyer would overlook such a critical detail, I would fire his ass immediately.

#34 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Mar 12 2007, 07:40 AM) View Post

If my lawyer would overlook such a critical detail, I would fire his ass immediately.

That's what I was thinking.

Hey Mark, the only real apology is a kick to the head of your legal department's balls laugh.gif

Anyways, that's the Mark Rein and Epic I know.
The legal letter seemed so uncharacteristic of Epic's policy towards its fans.
I'm glad Rein quickly cleared this up smile.gif

Edited by miggidy, 12 March 2007 - 07:37 AM.

#35 exchaos19

exchaos19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Mar 12 2007, 06:40 AM) View Post

maybe someone did get fired heheh

#36 cricri_pingouin

cricri_pingouin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

Would EA do this?

Of course they would.

laugh.gif Just kidding... or under torture maybe? After mixing drugs and alcohol during the "100 millionth screwed customer" celebration party?

#37 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

guess epic isnt as bad as i thought. yea someone probly got fired over that couse it relly gave them some bad pr and im shure plenty of hate mail. but i guess that can happon if they didnt read the entire story and missed the fact it was non-commercal.

Edited by luther349, 12 March 2007 - 03:27 PM.

#38 h_2_o

h_2_o

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

I read it a little differently than most have here. he never actually read an apology in the main statement, more as a last thing, sorry kid but we would do this again in a heartbeat so never mess with us again. he said he was sorry this happened, not that he was sorry to the kid for putting him through BS. he then went on to say that there should be some sort of "permission letter". again a BS thing since it was one off he doesn't need any permission. sorry i'm not going to let them off as easy as most here will.

#39 itrends

itrends

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

Next time maybe people will actually listen to me...

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=3921376

FFS!

#40 mp5user

mp5user

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(cricri_pingouin @ Mar 12 2007, 10:34 AM) View Post

Of course they would.

laugh.gif Just kidding... or under torture maybe? After mixing drugs and alcohol during the "100 millionth screwed customer" celebration party?

I think they would, MS wouldn't. EA has a poor image amoung hard core gamers, but the average gamer doesn't know of what they do, therefore they would apologize (they have some image left to fight for) MS and Sony wouldn't because the have no +PR (other than Sony in Japan)--well MS may have a little, but not enough.

Edited by mp5user, 13 March 2007 - 03:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users