14 replies to this topic

#1 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

I was hoping to get some opinions on what I should try to do... I bought a used v1.6 and a Xecuter 2.6, tried doing a pin header install, but unfortunately the wires were too short or something and it wouldn't reach, plus I think I might have jacked the LPC rebuild kit anyhow (not very experienced solderer). So I somehow managed to remove the pin header after soldering the sucker in there and decided to try a Xapt3r.

I seated the Xapt3r in, got 5 multicolored lights all lit up nicely, placed the chip in and got it all good to go. Now when I power on the xbox, it powers up, dies, powers up, dies, and then powers up with a flashing green/red light, but nothing comes on the TV and no LEDs light up on the chip's toggle board thingy. I did some research on the forums which turned up a post stating that this "Christmas Light" phenomena is usually related to an improper installation or broken traces. I tried disabling the chip and the xbox works fine, so I was sure it had to do with the solder that was left behind from the botched pin header install, but further research on the forums says that the solder left in the lpc holes shouldn't be a problem.

Is it more likely that I damaged the mobo or that I should try reseating the xapt3r? Or maybe it's just jacked altogether?

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

if it works with chip off then no its not broken.

my guess is your chip isnt seated correctly or you are trying the wrong d0 point

did you even try flashing the chip yet?

#3 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

there should be a red led on the xapter which lets you know the D0 point is connected right, and a blue light on the chip when its fitted right

#4 tahvall

tahvall

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

I had the christmas lights when I had the wrong bios loaded.

#5 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

I have a blue, a green, two oranges and a red light on the xapt3r. My friend I bought the chip off of said the bios was good to go, which, upon reflection, should have raised a red flag...

I'll try reflashing. Thanks for the tips smile.gif

#6 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

what bios are you using? some bios' have a specific 1.6 bios for a v1.6 xbox. the 1.6 bios' cannot be used on anything prior to the v1.6 or vice-versa.

#7 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

that's a very good question. I called my friend to ask him what he had loaded on there, and he said that what he meant by "don't worry about the bios" was that he never loaded any on there.

So, forgive my newbishness, but doesn't that mean it should pop up with a bios flashing screen when I power on the xbox?

#8 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

it will FRAG if you have the wrong type of bios flashed.

#9 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

bugger! How do I reflash it at this point?

#10 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

i wish i could help you with this part but i have absolutely no experience with the Xecuter line of chips. sorry man

#11 tahvall

tahvall

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

it has no extra bank of memory with let's say cromwell on there?
That's what my duo had, and that saved me.

#12 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

the x2ce has 2 512kb banks, there should be a switch, find that and put it on bank 1 or 2 (the other one),flick the middle one to off(flash protection) and flash it with the 5035_v_16 bios

#13 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:28 PM

Both banks produce the same christmas joy. My friend swears that it's a fresh chip, he never flashed it with anything. The Xapt3r is smart enough to not light up if I've put something in the wrong spot, right?

#14 duckjones

duckjones

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

I tested the chip in my friend's xbox and it produced the same result, but his xbox is a v1.0. He has another Xecutor 2.6 he could trade me, but both banks have been flashed with bios already, and it's my understanding that I need a bios specially made for v1.6. So of the two chips, one doesn't seem to work anywhere and one works in a v1.0-1.5, is there any way to make either one work out fo rme?

#15 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:05 AM

well if he has a box, you have a solderless adapter, put it in his, flash a 1.6 bios on it, then put the chip in yours.

Ive never used solderless adapters but do you have the lpc rebuild part for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users