Photo

The Best Os Layout

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: The Best OS Layout

The Best OS Layout

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 tjlavin7

tjlavin7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

i whould have to say the 360 blades is bar far the most creative

#47 Antinous-ODY

Antinous-ODY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

the 360 blades themselves work out just fine.. but the sub-menus are much less intuitive and difficult to navigate until you get the hang of it... it would be nice if M$ made a patch so that you could sort/organize however you want

#48 ma71

ma71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

I'm sick and tired of the screen tearing on the blades, that makes the console look like crap and buggy... sad.gif

Don't get me wrong i love my xbox 360, but i think that it is lame that the OS still does that after all this time.

#49 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

I like the blades, I'd say it's definitely the best thing I've ever seen on a console. As far as Windows, yeah it's in a category with Linux and Mac, it doesn't fit on a console, and console type interfaces don't fit on PCs.

#50 felang

felang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:44 AM

Project Mayhem III skin on XBMC, very simple stylish and a lot faster than 360 blades. After that I guess 360 blades, although I do agree that the navigation is sort of slow at times. Ps3 interface is growing on me though, although to be fair I rarely use it, it's not that it sucks or anything but for some reason I prefer the 360.

#51 MaTiAz

MaTiAz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Xbox hardware, hacking, technical stuff

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

I voted the 360 blades, they are the best. I like XMB too, but only when it's on a low-resolution/small screen like on the PSP. It just doesn't somehow fit on the PS3 because the resolution is "too big" for it.

#52 brunobelo

brunobelo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

I hate the Xbox 360 OS. It's a mess. Wii I never played. And PS3 sux, but the XMB is almost the same as the PSP XMB, and I like the PSP XMB...

#53 zynergi

zynergi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

I like the look of the PS3's OS, Sorry! =]

#54 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

From what I've seen of the PS3 XMB on videos/pictures, it's my favorite. I love minimalistic interfaces. The 360 Blades dash is nice but they seem to ram a lot of information in there. Haven't seen much of the Wii interface tbh. And why didn't you include OSX and Linux as interfaces as well?

#55 reekme

reekme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

Well lets see I love my windows PC I may have to run spy check and keep my virus software up to date but I can do anything I want while useing it which makes it cool but thats what you would expect form a desktop PC. I loved my 360 before it died. And I love the PS3. The little viedo clips make browsing my viedos pretty neat. But if I had to chose the best one out of the bucnh it goes to the 360 the reason being all the things I can do with it. if the PS3 could do more it would win but since right now it is so limited and converting viedos to wacth on it is becomeing a pain. In fact I dont mind converting viedos but I do mind haveing to xfr all of my viedos to the HD of the PS3 or some other storage decvie. If this question came up a year from now I would hope the PS3 would win. But thats only if Sony adds the right fuctions

#56 freyyr890

freyyr890

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

Um... Beryl, anyone?

And among those choices... XMB for sure. The PS3 may suck, but they at least got the interface right.

#57 smoketrees

smoketrees

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

Yeah deffinately... Windows wins for sure as a real OS... and they should've included mac and linux... either way windows is the real winner... in reality, windows is installed on something like 92% of all the computrs on the planet... and that is a fact

#58 kfernandes29

kfernandes29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ Mar 12 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

I second that, besides if they're going to have Windows they should include Mac & Linux aswell.

Mac and Linux are hardly gaming platforms. Does Solitaire count? lol Windows is a legitimate gaming platform, that's why it's there.

Edited by kfernandes29, 12 April 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#59 UB6_IB9

UB6_IB9

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

The best OS layout would be windows since there is so much you can do on it and its layout doesn't suppress any of its capabilities. If the 360 blades, or any of the others, where used for the pc it would take ages to navigate through anything. You have to look at the question people then at the whole picture.

If the question was "What is the best OS for a console" then I would have to say XBMC lol then the 360 blades.

#60 deadlokIV

deadlokIV

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding. Music. Drumming. Oversleeping without the consiquences!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

*braces for a fanboy whooping*

I really like the PS3's arty, minamalist "to the point" system.
I'm pretty adept when it comes to computing and gaming, but after a while you just want to take a breather and look at something clean and functional. Take Xbmc; it's pretty, incredible as a whole...but after a while I get bored of seeing the drive letters and filebrowsing etc.

I'd say PS3's dash First. Then um...the 360's, then the Wii's.
I'm not including windows for obvious reasons wink.gif

-note: I'm an impartial fan of console gaming...I don't really care about the companies as much as the "fun".
Saying that, there's a little place in my heart for Nintendo tongue.gif

>Also, it's my birthday. Hurrah.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users